The Singer on the Pedestal

The gentleman at the desk looked up at retsukos and glanced briefly over to me.

"I see you have a guest. A room for two is prepared for you as usual Miss." The attendant was highly accommodating and did not bother us much after that.

Retsuko and I arrived in our room. It was a cozy little booth with red velvet covering every inch of floor and ceiling alike. The Leather interior to match the color scheme.

A cart was dropped off with snack foods and various beverages. The spread was engaging, a majestic amount of Pocky<3 and so many different flavored Ramune.[Japanese soda] My tail stirred from how excited I was to try everything.

Retsuko put a certain track on the karaoke. The acoustics within the area rumbled she grabbed the microphone on a mini stage. A television screen brought up a the scenery of a cherry blossom tree garden. She tapped her heel to the  beat.  My heart thumped to the bass. She has never seemed so serene in the entirety I've know her.(Except when she cuddled me when I spent the night, but she was unconscious then.)

The cherry blossoms started to ooze blood and she began her aggressive song!

You are AMAZING! I have never met anyone so amazing in my life. Tingling emotions! Is this LOVE?

Her heart poured into her lyric. She screamed as if she was angry but her words moved me. I felt some salt water trickling down my eye. Dammit ! Why now!

I power through the small tear and grab my guitar. I go along with the music and provide back up. I joined her onstage.

Infinite rage! Sock puppets are dumb! Why the hell is there a scandal! I want things to go back to normal! What the hell is wrong with the interns! They all have soulless dead eyes!

Destiny is in my court! To tell the truth I want you in my life more than you know! Would you be my BOYFRIEND!!!!

Hold a phone. Did she just ask me to go out? That was a bit unexpected.

Preparing to smolder, an astute way to confess ones love. I gave my response.

Of course to show off my excitement I did a really sick guitar solo.

" So you have been so aloof because you couldn't find a way to tell me you feel the same. I will be yours, Retsuko!" I set the guitar down and kept her close to me.

Our eyes met and she had the twinkling in her eyes again. My palm brushed behind her ear and my fingers extended to lead to her chin. I felt all the goosebumps rise at once. So secure, freedom. The enlightenment of this moment  was the bliss I sought.

She quivered. A vulnerability that I lusted to see. Like a gentle breeze, I brushed her mouth with mine. The gravity of her lips inescapable. This kiss arose out of mutual innocence. Tension melted in enamored incalescence.

As the moment came to its close. I ended the cinematic moment with a joke. " With such a vigorous song, I'm surprised you didn't try to grab my butt during that kiss."

"Wait that was an option, Haida?" She glimmered.

We both chuckled and resumed our time together in the karaoke session.