Cannot be Unseen

Encompassed by sky scrapers and warehouses. The multicolored lights scintillate around us. We traipse the sidewalk and admire the little shops as we make our way to the restaurant.

"So we are going to your favorite place to eat Ramen?" She sounded a bit dissatisfied.

When she phrases it that way it doesn't sound as tantalizing. " Well it's not just ramen, you get a giant bento box and you can choose a wide variety of sea creatures at the sushi bar. The different teriyaki dishes I've had everyone one of the dishes since I started coming here three years ago." I boast.

She seemed intrigued. The talk of food probably sparked the appetite in the two of us. Scurrying along, she and I turn a corner and in the distance I spot something familiar.

The dusk consumed the sky but what light that was present unfurled an unforgettable shadow. Perplexed by the scene I freeze. Retsuko walks ahead of me she also halts to see why I have stopped.

" Haida are you okay?" She doesn't seem to notice yet. She steps toward me and I reach for her.

Hinging like a snake I wrap my arms around her and we conceal our presence on the corner of a convient alley.

"Okay getting freaked out now, ....and hungry." She sighs. Wrangling my arms in amazement I try to formulate my sightings. " What is your problem! JUST SAY IT!" She began to get testy.

" I think I just saw Mr. TON! AND TSUNODA?" Revel in that universe!

She began to twitch as I was. " You mean like outside of work? Wasn't he under investigation? You don't think him and Tsunoda?" She demonstrated a hand gesture of something ....ew.

" I will take another peek quick." I surveyed the vicinity.

Down the street, the pig man was dressed in a nice shirt and some jeans, casual but very sophisticated.  He was.....gag...... I'm sorry I have to turn away. It was definitely Tsunoda. Mr. Ton I assumed was happily married. Clearly he was not it we spied on him while he was macking.....bleck....Tsunoda.

" Hey I am sorry to say I think I lost my appetite." I was scarred. It's looked like he was just eating her face. His jaw unhinged so wide.

" What is going on?" Curious to see why I was nauseous. Retsuko tried to sneak a peek past me.

I grasped her shoulder. " Can we get out of her I don't think I can take much more." When it came from disturbing sights, I was one for the theatrics.

"Why don't we just go to the restaurant?" She tried to comfort me.

  I grabbed her waist and kissed her forehead. We began to take an alternate route to the restaurant.

As we held hands my eyes stayed wide open from that sight....

It burned.