Salsa is a dip not a dance

Time and time again, once in a while you find yourself fantasizing the perfect date.

For example:

She and I go to a beautiful Udon joint and we sit at a table. She waltz through wearing a beautiful indigo kimono and beige obi. I would wear my nicest suit,[ no red tie]. Then we go for a stroll under the moon light and kiss under the willow tree.

OR...

Perhaps

She and I can go to a salsa class. Learn more about each other in the physical sense. Not that way perv. Body language is a great way to tell compatability between dance partners. I believe we will be great.

But... there is also the reality I have to face.

Have you ever heard of the Story. IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE. Well they didn't tell you the double edge sword to that story. You see if you give the MOUSE a cookie he will want something else. More and more. You don't benefit at all. Only the mouse does. Now he is married to Cat. Answering honestly, I call it Would you sell your soul for a cookie. Either way you get screwed.

Well here is how my brain divided each thought. The Yes ideas. The No thought of dancing around my feelings for her.

I cannot stress enough how nervous I was for the answer.

_______________________________

My fighting stance, ready to embrace all of it.

" Yes, but I have one condition." She winked.

CHEERS! Cheers! Cheer...

One condition. CONDITION?
WAIT A MINUTE. Was I not allowed to show her a romantic gesture?

"What condition would that be?" I placed my hands together and anticipated her response.

" I want to take you to karoake." She hummed.

" Oh that's all phew." I gasped under my breath.

Somehow I felt this was not a good thing.

" You have to promise not to be scared. A lot of people find my ability to sing intimidating." She bobbed her tail excitingly back and forth.

"If it was anything like before. I should prepare my guitar. " I amusingly smirked.

She was forthright with her response, " I would love that!"

Apparently a small jest can take the biggest turn.

"Okay but dinner on me and we go salsa dancing sometime." I locked her in place.

She didn't seem to catch on. " Like with tortilla chips? Yum!"

I froze.  " You know salsa is dance from Eastern Cuba." Factual Haida was a turn on for the ladies.

" Cuba? Like the country right?" Unbeknownst to me Retsuko has quite an education, she was a fantastic accountant. As for a  culturally diverse knowledge she was unaware if the beauty outside of Japan."I'm sorry I am kind if a shut in."

"No need for apology lovely flower." Flattery to her heart.

LATER on our fateful night . Red lights flickered around us. We closely huddled side by side. We arrived at a building that read karaoke and went into the glass compound. Following behind her we entered and a scarlet carpet lead the way to a desk.

The truth unfolded a bit there...