Monster on my Doorstep

I needed to ponder and brood.

I had told Odette I needed time to think this opportunity over. A better paying occupation for being a tour guide/assistant to a famous American actress. The Dame.

But with this job I had been told personal time is variant on the Dame's schedule. As I sat on my bike I awaited my cute girlfriend to finish work. Retsuko wore a dreaded look. Stress and exhaustion plastered to her like a sticker.

I smirked and remarked." Y'know I think this is the prettiest I have seen you yet."

Unscathed she hopped on the back of the cycle and dug her face into my back. "I don't want to talk about it." Depressed more than normal I started my engine and made my way to the kaoroking facility. She snuggled closer as I sped faster to our destination. I had no idea what was wrong with her but we would find out shortly.

We reach the our sanctuary and Retsuko unleashed. " WORK IS TERRIBLE! SOCK PUPPETS EAT SHIT! I MISS YOU HAIDA!! RAGE!" it appeared Retuskos turmoil was worse than mine. She gasped. I strode from my seat and stood by her side. Her chin tangled by my fingers and she whimpered acting embarrassed.

  " We need to talk."  I sighed.

I told her about being approached and the option give before me. She seemed delighted but a perturbed by who approached me.

  " Well Haida I think you should do it." Supportive but not the tone that seemed content.

  "I enjoyed it working with you." I muttered under my breath.

  " Well it sounds like the chance of a life time. Working for a celebrity. If I were you I would hop on that in a heart beat." She encouraged more. My heart sank.

  I dodged with a quip." At the expense of not seeing you? I could always get a full time convenience store job or a manager position somewhere. I have been looking since I was fired. It seemed as though the market is tied up with other millennials in the workforce to take someone of my qualifications."

"HAIDA. As a girlfriend who has been treated wonderful by you, I in return must comply with your feelings. As much as emotionally it turns me, I always will support you in your endeavors. I think you should do it. We are still young! I don't want you to regret not working with a celebrity because you feel you need my approval. If anything your perfectly qualified and take advantage of that."

  Awe. A tear trickled down my face. Shock. It splattered all over Retsuko's face. I flipped 180° angle and retreated eye contact, she hovered and reveled at my shame.

" Are you crying?" She tried to get a glimpse. I just kept spinning and wiping my face endlessly. I said nothing and evaded.

Kind. That is just the person Retsuko is. Kind.