Chapter Twenty:The new Grim Reaper.

*4 years later*

*Blake* 

"Please, I don't want to go yet." I looked down at  the face of the little girl who's soul I had to collect. She was ten and had long black hair and green eyes. She reminded me of my sister back when she was here. Seeing her made me think of her, and I couldn't do that right now.

"I am sorry, but it is time." The sound of my voice scared her, and it made her take a step away from me. I normally wouldn't care about scaring a soul, it's my job now anyway.

"Please, please don't." I can now see the tears begin to fall from her eyes as she stand protectively in front of her now empty body. I don't know if it was because she looked like my sister, or because my sisters powers now are a part of me, but I felt bad for this girl.

"Calm down." I decided it would be best to do this in a different way. I changed from my reaper form, to my human for. I could already see the amazement and lust in her eyes. With everything that happened in the last four years my features have changed. They are no longer soft like my mothers, they are not more defined and sharp. My eyes seem more deep and uncaring, but some how this makes people more drawn to me.

"Wow." She was more cooperative after that. She was willing to follow me, and I was finally able to go home after this.

"Welcome back bro."

"Sup Ash." I moved out once I turned eighteen and got an apartment with Ashton. I could not take living with my parents anymore, not after what father did to Lolita. The only reason I even go back is to see her body, which dad froze so she woun't decompose.

"How was your assignment today?"

"It was a pain in the ass. Speaking of which, I really don't wanna see yours. Dude put so clothes on!"

"My bad." I heard his bedroom door shut and I decided to just lay down on the couch. I heard his door open again, and he smacked my feet off the couch.

"What the hell?"

"We're dudes, not pigs." I could not believe how clean this guy can be. If he wasn't here this place might never get cleaned.

"Sorry."

"Whatever. Are you gonna go and see her?"

"Maybe. Are you gonna come and see her with me?" He didn't answer. He simply looked at the floor like it was so interesting. He broke down when I told him what my father did to Lolita, he was a mess for months. His sister wasn't any help either. She has turned into a real bitch since she heard the news. Like if she never cared about my sister at all.

"I don't know bro. I don't think I can handle seeing her just laying there, knowing she's not really there. I just started going out again." I feel for him. Even after we moved in together he never went out. He would stay inside all day, and only go out to get the mail. 

"Alright bro. I'm gonna get changed then go and see her."

"Alright man." I quickly changed into some fresh clothes and flew to my old house. I could see Lenore in her room writing in her notebook. Mom told me she was getting into the habit of writing down all the names of people she knows are going to die or have died. I decided to just fly in trough her window since it was already open.

"To lazy to use the damn door?"

"Hey! Watch the mouth."

"Whatever." Since I was given the title of grim reaper by default, she doesn't respect me at all. She said she won't except a sister who's an angel, or a fake reaper as a brother.

"Blake, hi son."

"Hey mom." Besides Lolita, she's the only reason I come back at all. Since dad wont come home until night time, the house is quiet.

"Come on, let's go see her." She opens up the portal behind the new family portrait and we walk down the stairs to the room her body is in. I hate that we have to keep her body here, its so cold and moldy. But he won't allow her body out of this room.

"Hey sis, I'm back." She hasn't changed one bit. Her face still looks the same, and her hair is still blond. Her wings were removed when she was turned human, so dad's spell is the only thing keeping her body from decaying. He said her punishment is eternal sleep, with no hope of rest. That's why I could not find her soul, no matter how hard I tried.

"My baby." I can see mom's red tears, I can understand her pain. Dad blamed mom for this, and said he regretted marrying a fallen angel who bared such pathetic children. She said they haven't talked to each other since that day, and the only reason she hasn't left him is because she can't. He marked her the night of their wedding, so she can never leave him. But it plays as a double edged sword, since he can't leave her either.

I walk up to her body, and hold her cold fragile hand in mine. I can feel the difference now that she is human. I feel like I will break her with the smallest of touch. Her skin is so pale and smooth, I caress her cheek with the back of my hand.

"Sis, did I tell you I moved in with Ashton? That idiot is still head over heels for you. He was so depressed when he heard the news, he's barley starting to go out again. I wish I could say his sister is still the same. I have to say, you picked one messed up chick as a friend." Thinking of her was making me so mad, I had to put Lola's hand down in case I broke it.

Teresa changed completely too when she got the news. We were expecting her to cry and be sad, instead she smiled. She said she wasn't gonna cry for a girl who tried and hurt her brother. Even when Ash told her that Lolita had never hurt him, she didn't care. She even went as far as to say she deserved it. Ashton was so mad he actually slapped her and called her a fucked up bitch. I would have to, but that was not my place. She blames Lolita for how Ashton treated her, but she had it coming. She turned into a bitch.

"Mom, I better go."

"OK dear, come visit again. I miss you."

"Me too mom." I hugged her good bye and placed a quick kiss on Lolita's cheek before I left. "Don't worry sis, I'll find a way to change this." I decided not to fly, and used my fog to transfer my body to my house. I was now in my room, listening to Ash play his music to drown out his crying. Normally I would tell him to grow some balls, but not this time. If I could cry anymore, I would be too.

i looked out my window at the dark town covered in endless amount of souls. Even with Abraham dead, the souls are still increasing. Someone else was picking up where he had left off, now it's my turn to figure out who, and put an end to it. I will not allow my sister to have died for nothing. 

I could see my eyes changing in my reflection. They were becoming black and hollow, they frightened some of the souls outside my window. i couldn't help but feel the pleasure that it caused me. If there was one thing I learned from my father, it's that no one escapes the Grim Reapers wrath. And someone was about to learn that the hard way.