Chapter Twenty-two: I'm almost free

I don't know how long its been since I've been gone. Time moves so slowly here, that I have no idea if I'm still sixteen, or if I'm old enough to be a grandmother. I can hear voices, but I can't recognize them. My eyes will not open, and I have no way of seeing who is here. It is my punishment from my father, eternal sleep. I am not dead, but I am not alive, I am merely asleep. I wonder if any of my family members figured this out, or if father is simply making it so they can't wake me up.

Grandfather talks to me every now and then, but only when the barrier around me is weak enough for him to get trough. If father found out I was still talking with him, he would make it so that I could never hear another thing again. I think I would actually pray for my father to kill me then.

"My child, how are you?"

"Grandfather, I don't know much longer I can stay here. Every second that passes by is painful, I am almost to the point that I would prefer my father take my soul."

"Please my dear, do not say that. I was over joyed when I heard you picked to be a part of my family. I am just so sorry that this is what your father did to you because of it." I will admit, I was mad at my father for doing this to me. If he had such a problem with me choosing grandfather, he should have acted like an adult and talked to me. He didn't have to send me to eternal sleep!

Father came back to check on me, because the pressure became extremely hard, and I could no longer hear grandfather. I hate when he checks up on me, it's not like I can just get up and leave. 

"Lolita, you are MY daughter. I will not allow my daughter to become a part of God's family." Why? Why is it only his voice that I can hear? Hearing him makes me so angry that I scream into the everlasting emptiness. I cream so loud, and so long, but I don't feel any pain. Here there is no time, no pain, nothing. I scratched my arms to the point where they should bleed, but instead, nothing. I can't bleed, feel, die. I'm nothing more than a soul without a vessel.

"My child, be calm. You will soon be out, and then you can come with me." Grandfather's words kept repeating in my head. He is stronger than my father, so I should have faith when he tells me that I will soon get out of this place. I just have to have patients and wait. All I can do, is wait.

***************************************************************************************************

*Teresa* 

I've been keeping an eye on her house for a while now. I can still feel a hint of life in her, they must not have realized this yet. To think someone like her father can't realized how easy it would be for me to wake her up...but I won't. I'm glad she's like this, that way I don't have to see her anymore. Just thinking about her makes my blood boil, and I want to rip her apart. 

I use my new powers to look into her house. I see her mother in her room, with her lover. I wonder what her husband would do if he knew she was cheating on him with a human? Her son must have an idea. She is messing with his plans now after all.

Lenore is in her room writing away in her journal. She has been doing that for a while now, almost as if her own life depended on it. I keep trying to see what it is she is writing, but she senses me before I can get to close to see. She knows I'm out here, but she has never been able to find me. And if she gets to close I simply pump up my energy and knock her out. She may be strong, but she is no where near her sister's strength. She beat Abraham and won, even when she was losing her powers as a reaper, her holly powers kicked in. Lenore doesn't have that, and Blake is now covered in darkness. Lolita is the only one that can stop me, and her father is too stubborn to let her out.

"A little while longer and I will be done. I won't have to fight to keep my brother anymore, now that she's gone." I turn around and head down the street. The sound of my heels is the only thing that can be heard in the silent street. I prefer walking at night, no annoying people to bother me. Just a little longer, a little longer and I can have everything back to how it was. Before I meet the Reapers, and before I had this stupid Reaper's mark placed on me.