Chapter Twenty-seven: Let's get started

I am back, and now I have more than one mission to accomplish. Not only will I make my father pay for placing me in that spell for four years, but I will also make who ever took Ashton pay with their lives. It's my fault he became a full zombie, I will not let him be taken advantage of too!

"Be calm my daughter. Ashton is safe, we will get him back, I promise." I took a deep breath and listen to my grandfather. If there is anyone who I trust, it's him. He helped Blake save me, and he is the only one who kept me sane in that place. I look at my mother, sister and brother. They are all smiling at me, even Lenore. I give each one of them one last hug before I followed Lyrics the angel back to heaven.

I have to shield my eyes from the bright light that surrounds the gates of heaven. It's more amazing than I could have ever imagined. The twin doors are so tall, I can't even see where they end. They are both made out of pure gold with silver designs carved onto them.

"Wow." That is the only think that is able to come out of my mouth. I saw Lyrics expand his wings and a halo appeared above his head. The doors opened and I could now see more angels flying all around. I wish that I could explain just how amazing heaven truly is, but there is not enough time.

"Lady Lolita, this way." I take one step trough the gates, and I feel so light and free. It is as if all the weight of the mortal world has been taken away from me.

We stopped in front of a pair of Golden doors, almost as big as the ones outside. Lyrics knocked on the door, and I heard a very familiar voice answer.

"Come in." It is the first time I have ever seen my grandfather, normally all I have ever heard was his voice. So I was not prepared for what I was about to see. I was expecting a grown elderly man, with white hair and wisdom written all over his face. But the person standing in front of me was a young man. He looked no more than twenty-five with blond hair, and beautiful blue eyes.

"Grandfather?" He smiled the most dazzling and loving smile I have ever seen, I actually feel my knees trying to give out on me.

"Lolita, how I have waited to meet you in person." He came and hugged me, and I could feel so much love in this one hug. His arms are so strong, but he was being gentle. I found myself closing my eyes and enjoying the natural warmth that seem to follow him. I am so used to the freezing cold around my family, this is something completely different.

"Grandfather." He released me and looked at me with those knowing and loving blue eyes.

"I already know my dear. I promise you that Ashton is safe, but he won't be for long. That is why we must start your training as soon as possible." I nodded my head and followed him. He lead me to another pair of doors, only these are not made of gold, but a white and blue material. I placed a hand on the door, and I could feel so much energy coming from behind the doors.

"What is this?"

"Sadly we do not have enough time to train you like we would normally do, thanks to your father." At the mention of my father, his face became so sad and full of pain. Almost like he was regretting something.

"Grandfather, why does my father hate you so much? Mother doesn't even seem to hate you."

"That is a matter for another time, for now we have to focus on training you." I nodded, but made a mental note to ask him once all of this is over.

"Very well, so what do I do?" He opened the two large doors so easily, they may as well weigh nothing. Inside was a room filled with so much light, I had to shield my eyes. I turned to face my grandfather, only to see the door was shut and he wasn't behind me.

"Do not fear my child, you are safe. This room is the room of aging, Here you will begin aging four years like you should have if you were not under that spell. You will also gain the wisdom and knowledge you would have gained had you been able to be free."

"Really?" So I won't have to waist so much time training, I can go and fined Ashton faster than I had planned.

"Yes, but sadly it does not work over night. You will be in this room for the next four days. Each day you will age one year. While you are in here you will have no knowledge of what is going on in the outside."

"So like the eternal sleep my father had me in, only shorter." 

"Yes, the only difference is that you can choose now if you wish to leave. But just know, this room only works once. If you leave before the four days, you will not be able to go back in." I thought about what he said. I really don't want to be here, not after I just escaped the eternal sleep. But this is the only way I can gain the power and knowledge to save Ashton, and take on my father.

"I'll do it!"

"Very well." I heard the sound of a lock, and I knew that there is no turning back now.

"Relax, and let your wings out." I did, and I felt my body being lifted off the ground. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of being able to fly once again. Just as I was enjoying myself and relaxing, I felt something grip onto my arms and legs. I opened my eyes and saw white ribbons on my ankles and wrist.

"Grandfather, what's going on?!"

"Do not panic Lolita. Those are holy ribbons. They will wrap around your body as the day goes by, almost like a cocoon. By the fourth day you will be covered from head to toe, and once the process is done, they will remove themselves from around your body." 

"OK." It sounded cool, but I still didn't like the idea of being wrapped up from head to toe, but I listened. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on why I am doing this. I will save Ashton, and will make my father pay for what he has done to not only me, but my family. For the stress he had place on Blake, the hatred he filled into Lenore, and the tears that he has made my mother shed. I may be an angel, but I am still a Reaper. And if there is one thing a reaper is good at, it's punishing those who have done bad. And my father is as bad as they get.

"Let's get started."