Chapter 2

"Tabitha, what have I told you? How many times do I need to repeat myself?" My mother's hands slapped onto her hips, offering a effortless frown. "You cannot spar with the other students! Your definition of spar isn't even what it is!" She spoke the obvious, making me crack a snarky smile.

"Not my fault they fight with two left feet." I shrugged, adjusting myself in my seat, watching Asgard remain active as always from my window. "They are quite dim, unable to defeat me. So I don't know why I bother to challenge such children."

"You're a child too, you're eleven years of age. Just because you're more experienced, doesn't make you any older." A heavy sigh left her lips, running a hand through her auburn hair. A few strands fell over her forehead, glued to her skin from sweat, "Adding to that, you're acting more of a child than all of those students. You're being very ignorant, acting like you're all so powerful."

"I am all so powerful." My gaze switched to her sun-kissed skin, full of scars that told their own stories. "You know I am, mother."

"Acting like you're immortal will get your idiotic self killed." She snapped while slamming her fist onto the nearby table, "Tabitha you're strong, but letting your ego blind your vision will get you nowhere but a place buried under ground."

"I'm not my brother, he was a fool." I spoke coldly, standing up in front of her, "He managed to get himself killed because he was worse than the definition of weak."

My mother then, was more angry than before. Her eyes radiating with a vile mood, creeping closer to me with her hands engulfed into fist. "Don't you dare talk about Cyca like that. He loved you, and you have the audacity to speak of him in such horrid ways. He may not had possessed what you were gifted, but at least he used his brain."

"Clearly not," My hands tapped along my arms, "since he's dead. What he gets trying to save someone from Loki."

In an instant, a felt a sharp pain onto my cheekbone. My hand reaching up to caress the stinging flesh, my mother had clearly heard enough talk about her deceased son. "I know you don't know how it feels to have a heart, my daughter." She spoke slowly, her teeth gritting. "Yet, if you tried to look at this from a different perspective, or stop just thinking about you and what you are for once, you'll be able to understand what he did was honorable."

"I guess I'll never know what it's like to put others before myself," I lowered my hand, blinking away threatening tears, "because I will never be in that position where I even think about it twice. I will not die for someone that is not me. Not even if it were you." I was taken aback from my own words, my anger had won the battle inside of me after her hard slap. I didn't think about what was on my mind at that exact moment.

My mother took a step back, her eyes starting to get glassed with tears, making me immediately regret every syllable that had left my big mouth. I was ready to speak but she held up her hand closing her eyes, "I don't need to hear no more, your father and I are leaving to serve for our home, doing something honorable for our people." She turned on her heels, her back facing me, "While we protect you, you'll be the tough girl you are and think about whatever you want. I will take no part in your life no more since you are so sure about how this will play." And like that she was out the door.

That was the last time I spoke to my mother before she was killed in battle.

* * *

There were so many colors, and so many patterns. The tunnel of this portal was lovely. Representing a person with nothing but heart and loyalty, something I didn't make an effort to become. My hair flew upwards above me as I flew towards my destination, anxiously waiting for landing. Wondering where I was going to end up on Earth, which terrified me; are people really all as bad as Loki made them out to be? I've heard Thor mention their flaws too, some are pure evil and dangerous. Even without powers, their minds were something to be feared of.