Chapter 8

The anticipation of tonight was swarming all over me, and I couldn't lie to myself that I wasn't intrigued by how Katelyn Savage had described the juiciness of a well cooked burger. She continued to babble on about how tonight was going to be a good night for all three of us and that she was so confident that it would help me befriend the boys. I couldn't care less about having no friends, mostly because I was used to it. If this didn't work out, I wasn't going to be disappointed.

I continued to stare blankly at Katelyn who tapped her pencil along her chin as she spoke, the more words that had left her mouth, the more I imagined myself reaching over and pinching her lips together.

"Come on show even a little sign that you are excited for tonight." Katelyn ushered next to me as I let out a sigh.

"For the burger, yeah." I pushed hair behind my ear and Katelyn put a hand on her chest to fake a hurt expression.

"Not to hang out with me?" She pouted. "Ouch."

I couldn't help but let a small laugh leave my lips and she giggled along. Our heads snapped to the teacher's gaze who called out to us.

"Katelyn, I am glad you are making friends with our new student." She pushed her glasses up to the bridge of her nose, "But make sure you both are staying on track."

"We are Ms. Garcia, no worries." Katelyn smiled brightly as the teacher put her attention back on the papers in front of her.

"No offense, but I don't know you, Peter, and Ned very well." I pointed out. "So pardon if I'm not jumping all ballistic with joy." I say and Katelyn waved me off.

"None taken." She raised her hands up to her sides. "But making friends is fun! I'm sure the guys will become a part of your life, like me!" Katelyn cheesed as she pressed her fingertips into her chest.

"I guess we will see."

"You'll thank me later." A smug smile formed on her face. "You'll see!"

* * *

"So, did you look into the future again?" I entered the portal coming from school grounds, my eyes met two big blue ones.

Strange was caught in a labyrinth. "Why would I need to?" His attention peered off of the book he was reading and stared blankly back at me.

I let out a scoff, "Wow, I'm bewildered that you haven't already looked to see if there were any ugly possibilities that could occur tonight."

He shook his head. "No, I have debated with myself on it, however I think I'll find it in my heart to trust you that you'll come back here with no blood on your hands." Strange closed the book in front of him and arranged his materials on the table. "Are you walking to dinner tonight? Its not far from here."

"I plan to meet them there." I confirmed with a brief nod as I dropped my backpack on the floor. "Kinda want to just get it over with."

"Why?" Strange glanced up from his work. "Making friends isn't all that bad. If you don't want to be alone, this is a big step to helping prevent that." He pointed out with a jump of his eyebrows.

I slightly tilted my head in agreement, "I guess you've made a valid point there."

"At your service." He gave a sarcastic smirk before his face lit up. "Oh, and since I was ever so kind to let you stay here in the Sanctum. I want to you help out around here." He carried a pile of books over to me and practically tossed them in my arms.

"Fair enough." I groaned as I tried to catch my balance with an internal eye roll. "What do you want me to do with these?"

He tapped lightly against the first book on top of the pile. "Put them back in their original placements in the library. Every book is placed in alphabetical order in there, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to figure out where they go."