Chapter 7

Doctor Strange had his hands waving out in front of him with symbols of orange and yellow emerging into a portal. I peeked over to observe, but to my dismay, a vase on a smaller table was knocked off from my elbow connecting with it. Panic raced in my body as I watched it crash to the floor.

I inspected the broken vase that had made a lot of noise, slowly switching my gaze to the wizard and god who eyed me warily from afar. In a brisk moment, I had my back straightened as I rubbed my palms against my thighs nervously. Strange shot a deep frown my way from the mess I had made and I cleared my throat, already feeling the thick sweat forming on my forehead.

"Who's this?" Thor's intense voice echoed through the room with a glare glued onto me, allowing me to shift uncomfortably.

Strange raised his hand to wave me over and I gulped as I tiptoed around the shards scurried on the wood floor. As I was almost arms lengths away from them, Strange's eyes met Thor's. "Before you take your leave to Odin, don't forget your umbrella."

Thor sighed, "Oh, right." He extended his arm outwards towards the stairs.

I stood closely to Strange and I whipped my head towards sudden crashing noises coming from other rooms of the Sanctum. I took a peak at the wizard next to me who didn't appear phased, but raised his eyebrows as he narrowed his eyes from having to listen to whatever the noise was. The god muttered an apology and soon enough, an umbrella came gliding down the steps in a hurry as it slapped into Thor's palm.

Thor's gaze switched to my pale face. "Now, is this another wizard?" He queried as he brushed off the debris resting onto his umbrella.

"She's an Asgardian as well." Doctor Strange informed and Thor's face scrunched up in perplexity.

"Pardon me?" Thor's finger wagged in my direction. "How is that possible? The only way this girl could have gotten here is from the Bifrost Sword."

I finally spoke up. "Your loathsome adopted brother sent me here while he was playing dead." I advised him with a vile tone. "I tried to steal something that he found precious and he made Heimdall send me here."

Thor looked even more taken back than before. "Heimdall? He would never agree to do such a thing. That's blasphemy!"

"Well he did! Don't act like you're the only one incensed, I thought he was family." I snapped.

"You don't understand young lady, Heimdall never takes orders from Odin, even if that was my father, he wouldn't agree to such a thing." Thor brought a finger to his temple and pressed against it. "Think logically, if you knew him, you and I both know that's not who he is."

"Where's your damned brother now?" I pressed on, "Come on, bring him here and have him tell you for yourself."

"Yeah, right." Strange said beside me as he lifted his hands into the air above us, another portal being created. Distant yelling was echoing through the portal as a body flopped onto the floor in front of us.

My heart knocked against my rib cage with fear to see Loki lying there with a scornful expression. My breathing came out rabidly as he raised his head from the floor. My blood boiled as I felt my eyes lightly turn blue, causing me to slow down my breaths before they would notice, allowing my eyes to turn back into their normal broad color.

"I have been falling... for 30 minutes!" He exasperated as he staggered back onto his feet.

"You can handle him from here." Strange said smoothly as Thor reached out and their hands connected into a brief shake.

"Yeah of course." Thor glanced at his brother who was outraged beyond belief. "Thank you very much for your help."

"Good luck." Strange offered as they detached from the handshake.