Chapter 10

My eyes fluttered open as my head was buried deep in my pillow with every layer of bedding wrapped around my body tightly. I rubbed my tired eyes as I pushed the blankets off of my small form, stepping towards a pile of clothes that was originally my clothing from yesterday, but due to Strange's power, he replaces them with cleaner ones and its always a different styled outfit. The ones he provided me today were jeans, a white tank top, and a black sweater since it would be colder out today.

After putting them on, I hunched over and tied my white sneakers with black outlining a little tighter than necessary. Sitting up, I sauntered out of my room and walked down the halls, humming to myself silently. When I had made it into the sitting room, as expected, there was a plate of food awaiting for me from Strange.

I scurried over to the plate and grabbed a piece of toast to munch on as I sat myself down. Glancing at the time, I saw I had to be at school for the field trip... right now.

My heart raced as I stood up with a mouth full of food, "Dowa Stwamge!" I shouted as I scooped my backpack onto my shoulder nearly tripping and falling on my face.

"Why the rush?" Strange was suddenly behind me with his hands hidden under his cloak. "School doesn't start for another 30 minutes."

"The fweild twrip is today!" I say hurriedly before forcing the rest of my toast down to speak properly. "I need to be there now or I'll miss it! Make a portal!" I gesture him to hurry while bouncing up and down anxiously.

He sighed as he raises his hands to create the vivid portal, the light embracing onto our faces. "Go on then I guess." Strange waved me off before leaving the room on foot.

Without hesitation, I practically jumped through and dragged my body onto a full on sprint to get to the bus with the last few remaining students boarding. I stopped behind the last student with my permission slip gripped tightly to make my knuckles white.

Ms. Warren had her nose behind a clipboard writing down rather quickly. It lowered when she made eye contact with me, and her lips pursed. "Ah, glad you were able to make it." She said with her voice laced with boredom.

"Ye-yeah." I spoke out of breath as I handed her my permission slip. "So am I." She accepts the slip and glances down at it to nod in approval to see it signed.

"Hop on Ms. Saint." Ms. Warren brought her hand up to the bus entrance and I fought off a groan from the fake last name that still agitated me.

Passing the apathetic teacher, I stepped onto the bus carefully and chattering began to fill my ears. Remembering Peter Parker's invite the day before, I searched for him and Ned, easily spotting them to the left of the bus upfront.

Ned caught my gaze first who was on the bus seat in front of Peter, and offered a smile with a faint wave. Returning the smile, I walked towards them and plunged onto the seat next to Peter making him slightly jump from surprise.

I giggle from his wide eyes, "I find it funny that you're always getting scared so often and I'm the one nicknamed Tabby."

He looked somewhat offended but a grin was plastered onto his face. "Are you implying I am a scary cat?"

"Yes, yes I am." I nudged him playfully and our attention was turned to Ms. Warren who blew a whistle to gain it.

"Remember to stay with your peers and don't wander off to other places we are not suppose to be exploring in!" She regulated her rules strictly while wobbling from the bus moving. "To anyone who doesn't follow the rules, will be rewarded with suspension. I hope we are crystal clear."

"Don't worry, if any of these punks cause trouble on this bus, I'll give them a taste of their own medicine!" The old man driving the bus bulldozed his words at us.