Chapter 4

"Could you elaborate more?" My gaze was fixated onto the humungous stairs, "Im not really painting the picture inside my head very well."

Strange blew air out of his cheeks whilst thinking of a better way to explain in order for me to understand. "So, why don't you name me a place here on Earth."

"Stephen, I'm not from here." My eyebrows furrowed in perplexity unable to think of any place here on this world, "I only know two things, both being New York and Norway. Locations you have informed me about."

In a blink of an eye, Strange had vanished into thin air. Moments later, appearing back into the same spot he had left only this time—he held a book. He tossed it onto a nearby table and pressed his finger to the cover. "This is a world atlas book, you can open it and read to learn about different locations here on Earth." He then raised his finger, an idea radiating in his eyes, "Or—" he disappeared once more then came back with a giant solid circle. It was covered in different patterns, words that I could tell were English. "This is a globe." He educated while setting it down onto the table next to the book, "It is a map of Earth, go ahead and give it a look."

I hesitated observing the items he had brought upon me, then stepped forward. My hands rubbed carefully against the 'globe', feeling lumps that were on different parts of the map. "Why are there bumps in certain spots?"

He hummed with a click of his tongue, "Surely you're smart enough to figure this out. Go ahead and think about it and I'll tell you if you're right, okay?"

My eyes narrowed at his, then examined the bumps continuing to caress them. I thought about Asgard, how we had mountains that kissed the skies, splitting clouds that were passing by. I had a fairly good visual that there were mountains here as well, the bumps representing what is tall and able to dance with the winds.

"I believe they are mountains." I say with certainty, making Strange crack a small smile.

He nodded. "Very good, you're not that dumb as you seem."

"What's that suppose to mean?" My relaxed mood sauntered away from his insult.

"Don't take offense, you did almost murder three boys because they didn't like your style." He pointed out and I cocked my eyebrow up, tilting my head slightly knowing he had a point. "Speaking of, you need new clothes."

"How will I—" I began to question, but I was interrupted by sudden clothes in my hands being held out in front of me. I pursed my lips, letting a sigh escape. "I assume this is something I'll have to get used to, will it?"

"Yup." He popped the 'p', then snapped his fingers, both of us now being in a blinding white room. I blinked rapidly, adjusting to the bright room to see it was furnished with a toilet and bath. "Go ahead and get cleaned up and change into these clothes. When you're done, just shout." And before I could utter a word, he was already gone.

I rolled my eyes, then peered over at the bathing station. I didn't know how bad my hygiene was considering I was used to the infamous asgardian smell, but I knew deep down that it was absolutely in no chance a good scent. The proof being I was always climbing trees, barefoot in mud some days, getting in 'spars' with the other kids which ended with mostly their blood stained into my clothes, and another layer of blood from hunting. With a heavy breath, I effortlessly tore off my mother's clothes off tossing them aside. I then took a seat on the toilet and practically ripped off my boots setting them nearby lazily.

I examined myself in the mirror, easily spotting scars all over my naked body. Some from the sparing, some from the climbing, and from being stabbed or caught in traps resting along the asgardian forest. I would always find a way around the aggravating scenes I would stumble onto, but that usually meant I wasn't walking away with clean skin.