Chapter 6

A week ago, I was someone who didn't know the full concept of taking care of myself, yet I still knew how to properly make sure I breathed the air of Asgard another day. With guidance and observing other's actions in one day; eavesdropping exchanges between the students that were arms lengths away, Ive learned that the device prior that Peter had used to show me images and playbacks, was called a computer or a laptop—depending on the type of it. A laptop is what Peter Parker was using to be precise. The point is, I am learning more than I've ever endured when I had my life on Asgard, and if I were to be completely honest—I loved it.

Adapting on my first day of high school was no doubt not simple. To emphasize, I wasn't one to follow one's rules or orders. The teachers would point fingers in my direction to ask me a question, and even though I despised having to answer these uncomplicated questions—I obeyed. Apparently I was 'smart' and they would all gush about the fact I knew these things, but I learned it all in grade school years ago. These mortals for their first impression, seemed pretty slow all considering.

Nonetheless, I am currently in Creative Writing and its the only class so far that hasn't made me want want to rip out every strand of hair on my skull. The teacher didn't abruptly throw questions at the new girl to test her knowledge, instead she was sitting at her desk, ferociously tapping her thumbs on her phone. We were assigned to work on a project to write a first person story on anything we wished with a partner. Due to Katelyn Savage being in the exact same class, she didn't hesitate to scurry onto the seat next to mine. 

"Hey Tabitha!" Her lips quirked upwards into a bright smile. "I hope you don't mind, but I would love to work with you." She scrunched up her papers and notebook, trying to keep them together as she sat down.

I fought off a scowl, restraining myself from saying something harsh towards the overly enthusiastic girl. I in no circumstance, wanted to work with someone who had passion in creating a burdensome atmosphere. "I don't see a problem with that." I told her with a forced smile.

"Great!" Katelyn swatted papers in her notebook in search for a blank sheet. "Do you have any ideas? I was thinking maybe we could merge our thoughts and combine an amazing short story."

Although I wanted to burst out into my jaded mood so she'd get the hint to go away, I kept the fake smile plastered onto my face to remain polite. "Sounds like a plan, as far as ideas I have, I was thinking of writing something involved with my life and take inspiration from it." I shrugged my shoulders as Katelyn engulfed my words.

"We could do that." She faintly nodded as she wrote down what I had said. "Have you met anyone else today?" She queried with her pen pressed onto her notebook as she continued to write.

A let out a small sigh as I thought. "Yeah, I have. Only one person though, his name is Peter Parker and I met him during chemistry this morning after you left." I explained as she took small glances at me while she wrote.

Katelyn hummed in response as she clicked the pen when she was done. "I know him, he's a nice boy. Very smart too."

"A mix of smart and awkward." I said earning a giggle from Katelyn. "But we are straying away from the topic, what do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking more of a fantasy vibe." She bit her tongue as it rubbed against her front teeth before continuing. "I've always had a thing for dragons, knights, princesses, all that cheesy stuff. Mostly because of my dad though, he gushed over those kinds of things. I would always sit on his lap and read stories to him when I was little. Those were the days I would relive if I could." Katelyn shut her eyes thinking about all the memories as they sprung into her head.

"Then why don't you?" I pinned a genuine smile onto my face. "There were times my father and I would jump back into the past for a day."

Katelyn returned the smile weakly before it faded away as she glanced down at her notebook. "It would mean everything to me, but unfortunately my dad lost his life before my past could end." She sighed sadly.