14

"This better be some kind of prank," I snarled. My grip around my phone tightened to the point where my knuckles were turning white. To my surprise, Ash just softly covered my hand with hers and lowered my fist.

"Calm down, Princess," she cooed, "All I did was -" I don't know what speed I reached but I must've been travelling at the speed of sound because not even Ash could react on time. Her house was a blur, the steps of her stairs smearing in my vision as I rushed out to... anywhere. I just had to get away from her. Panic set in as I realized I had nowhere to go. After all, there weren't any doors in this god damned place. I chose the next best place and shut myself in the bathroom. 

It felt like a long time before I heard footsteps trail downwards and towards the door. I sat with my back to it in case she tried to break in, not that I'd be able to resist much. The thought was nice though. I was seething with rage, unable to vent any of that anger on anything else. So, I pushed back on that locked door with all my might.

"You better not try and break in, you asshole!" I shouted, mostly to myself. I knew if Ash wanted to do something, she'd do it without a heartbeat's delay. I tried to feel out Ash's emotions, hoping for some kind of repentance. All I could sense was an infuriating, unyielding calm. 

"I'm not sorry, in case you were wondering," she said flatly. I growled and quickly got on my feet, just as speedily flinging the door open. Her unwavering lilac eyes stared me down through every moment of it, her rosy lips curling into an obnoxious smirk. I swung my arm up towards her cheek with every ounce of strength I could muster up.

I felt the collar tighten against my windpipe with an unimaginable force, which drew me back and pinned me up against the sink. With a flick of Ash's cruel finger, I was lurched forward towards the impeccably white tiles and on my knees. I tried to get up, pushing against the floor with both my hands, but it was no use. 

I felt five delicate fingers brush gently against my scalp as they swiftly gathered up my hair and yanked my head upwards. The collar, of course, had loosened its gravitational pull to the tiles as Ash knelt down to meet my blazing glare. 

"You're still angry?" she asked as she tilted her head like a puppy playing with her toy. In another swift motion, she let go of her grip on my hair and grabbed my throat. Her hand grew tighter and tighter around my neck as I was slowly robbed of my airflow. I grabbed at her hand, gasping for air and squeaking like a pathetic little mouse caught in a trap.

"You don't get to breathe until you look sorry." I frowned. Shouldn't she be the one who's sorry? I held onto my anger as long as I could, trying to rebel against her control as much as I could manage. I didn't want her to think she could just meddle with my life like it was her own. I'd never submit to her.

Tears filled my eyes as my lungs screamed for oxygen. My head grew fuzzier and fuzzier, my thoughts swelling with an unceasing tingling sensation. I didn't want to surrender, but did I really want to die for my pride?

I searched Ash's eyes for some kind of pity, and to my surprise I did find a hint of it. I held onto the feeling, drawing it forward with my powers. I closed my eyes and concentrated. It was like holding onto a single silk thread, and even though it was getting stronger and stronger, my consciousness was growing dimmer and dimmer...

Air flooded back into my lungs as I gasped for every bit of it I could inhale. My chest was heaving uncontrollably and hot tears were running down my cheeks as I leaned on the sink counter for support. My arms and legs felt like jello, but my thoughts were starting to come back to me clearly now. 

"You did that, right?" Ash panted. My wrestle with her emotions must've tired her out a bit too. To my surprise, she chuckled. "I suppose your powers can be of use at times. And I suppose I've punished you enough for today, but just so you know..." Ash pressed up against me, effectively pinning me between her towering body and the sink. I felt her hot breath on my ear as she menacingly whispered, "Don't ever try to lay a hand on me again." 

Ash walked away as if nothing had happened all along, leaving me to catch my breath in peace. She plopped herself down on the couch in the living room, evidently waiting for me to come join her. I didn't know how I knew she wanted my company, but I was certain of it. 

I quickly splashed my face with some cold water and glanced at my reflection in the mirror. Red, swollen eyes stared back at me with a defeated expression. Maybe Ash had won after all? I traced my fingers as gently as I possibly could on my neck, where an Ash's-hand-shaped bruise was beginning to surface. I cursed her once, then twice, then a third time in my head and dried my face with a fluffy towel, which was sitting on the metal rack behind me. I promptly shut off the lights and made my way over to where Ash had stationed herself.

"Listen..." I pleaded as I stood over her graceful form with my hands authoritatively on my hips. "We can't go on this way," I said, referencing her little scheme with my phone (and kidnapping me!) "I'm not happy being your hostage, because I need to have my own space too." Her eyes flickered up to mine, sending a wave of chills down my spine. Was she still upset? 

She sat up, curling her arms around my waist and pressing the side of her face against my abdomen.

"But I want you all to myself," she solemnly whispered. I know, I wanted to say.

-

A/N

HEYYY! Sorry for the long hiatus but I should be back to writing for a good while now! Also, I have a feeling that this is going to be quite a long series lol. Keep reading and ty to those who've followed this story from day 1 <3 you keep me going!

Comment, share, follow, vote, idc. Show me that you want more ^.^