16

"I missed you," Ash said tenderly as she outstretched her arms towards me. Unconsciously, I walked straight into her embrace and wrapped my arms around her waist. I sighed a little as her arms secured themselves around my body and her chin rested on the top of my head.

Ash pulled away and leaned in for a deep, passionate kiss. I felt my heart flutter and melt as it always did when her lips touched mine. I could barely contain myself.

"There's a dinner party tonight," she began. "I'm taking you as my date." She wrapped her arms around my hips and drew me in close, making my heart thump in my chest. I looked over her clothes and noticed that she was in formal attire. My heart thumped even louder as  I realized how amazing she looked in her sleek, black jumpsuit and matching black high heels. The top of the jumpsuit was styled like a halter top, showing off the slender, pale expanse of her collarbones and shoulders.

"I'm going to look so bad next to you..." I groaned. Ash chuckled softly as she stroked my hair lovingly.

"Don't worry Princess, I'll make sure you feel like the eye candy you are." She winked at me and my heart melted.

"Me? Eye candy? Yeah, right." I scoffed. Ash rolled her eyes at my comment.

"If only you knew how beautiful you are to me," she sighed and kissed my hand. "Come." Her fingers interwined around mine and pulled me along to a small room to the left.

The room, I realized, was a small closet, if a room-sized closet can be called small (Ash's walk-in closet completely dwarfed this one though). At the far end was a large mirror with a small mahogany desk and chair. Wildly expensive-looking jewelry covered the surface of the desk, the diamonds and jewels glinting at me glamorously. The walls were lined with clothes and high heels, but they didn't match Ash's style. The clothes were much more elaborate and feminine. It took a minute, but I remembered what my escort had told me earlier: "Everyone notices when the boss picks a new toy."

The clothes were probably for Ash's past girlfriends/hookups. I felt sick to my stomach.

"These aren't your clothes." I said it in a matter-of-fact way, causing Ash to turn to me with a confused look. Her lips curled into a slight smirk.

"You're sharper than I expect at times." I rolled my eyes, decidedly unimpressed by her joke.

"That's not the point," I growled. "Are these just leftovers from the previous ex-girlfriend that you pass down to the next girl you seduce?" I gestured to the wide variety of clothes and accessories.

"Everything in this room is newly purchased," Ash said flatly. I blinked, not believing what I heard.

"What?" I choked, incredulous.

"Everything in this room was recently bought for you. I had some of my underlings shop for a whole new wardrobe." She paused, thinking. "If you don't like the clothes, feel free to ask for money to go shopping. I know you didn't choose them for yourself." I was too stunned to say anything. I was shocked by how nonchalant she was, and how unbothered she was by dropping so much money on a whim. I made a mental note to try and sneak a peek at her bank account someday.

"Thanks. Sorry for assuming," I muttered. Ash's lips curled up again.

"I'll forgive you if you give me a kiss." I felt my face flush with a rosy pink heat. Ash's eyes challenged me, shining with a mischievous glow. Her lips curled into that smug smirk of hers. I felt myself being irresistably drawn to her perfection. Taking a deep breath, I stepped forward and planted my lips on her own. I gave her a slow, steady, and gentle kiss. The look of surprise on her face when I stepped back was priceless.

"Good girl," she purred as soon as she regained her composure. I shivered at how silky her voice sounded.

Ash hummed with her hand on her chin and plunged her hand into the array of dresses hanging on the wall. She deftly pulled out an elegant, wine red dress that made me gasp slightly. The graceful v-neck cut and high thigh slit called my name.

"Wear this tonight," Ash stated, almost in a commanding way, "I'll give you 15 minutes to change, pick out a pair of shoes, and choose some accessories. We're leaving right away."

Swiftly, Ash exited the room and shut the door behind her. Bewildered, I stared at the closed door for a minute, taken aback by her decision to grant me some privacy. I shrugged. I had 15 minutes.

I quickly slipped on the dress and found a pair of matching black high heels. Maybe I could reach Ash's shoulders with the added height. Running my hand across a selection of handbags, I settled on a felt black clutch bag and sat myself down in front of the mirror.

I wondered how much the jewelry alone was worth. Rare gems and polished diamonds winked at me, each inviting me to choose them. A ring with a silver band that looked like a curling vine and crystal clear diamond as its centerpiece stuck out to me. It was deceptively simple, yet beautiful and intricate all the same.

Next, I picked out a necklace with a thin, silver chain and similar clear droplets of diamonds embedded in a pendant shaped like a moon.

Ash suddenly burst through the door, making me yelp and stand up by instinct. I put a hand over my heart and sighed.

"You scared the hell out of me! Knock first, sheesh..." my voice trailed off. Ash was staring at me with an intensity unparalleled by the gaze of a tiger watching its prey. I could read what emotions were going through her mind in an instant: satisfaction, awe, desire.

"You seem to be worthy of being my accessory for tonight," she said with a smirk. I crossed my arms and pouted.

"Jeez, just say I look good!" I huffed. Ash chuckled and came forward to peck me on the forehead.

"As you wish Princess," she said as she rolled her eyes and sighed. "You look absolutely stunning." The look in eyes warmed up as she smiled ever-so-slightly. My heart started racing again. She'll be the reason for my cardiac problems in the future.

"Thank you," I said. "You look great too. Too great to be with a loser like me." Ash snorted and rolled her eyes again.

"You are indeed a loser." Before I could rack my mind for a brainy comeback, Ash continued, "All right. We're leaving now." Ash grabbed my wrist to lead me away, but I held myself back against her pull.

"Wait!" I protested. "What about my hair?" I pointed to my undoubtly plain hair. I wasn't able to brush it or put it up or do anything with it to spruce it up at all. Ash just raised an eyebrow.

"What about it?" she questioned.

"I didn't get to do my hair!" I whined.

"I don't care," Ash said with a smirk. She ran her fingers through my wavy, dark brown hair, playing with a few of the strands wistfully. "I like your hair as it is, Princess."

I bit the inside of my lip, trying to contain my feelings, which were gushing from that statement. Ash could be so intoxicatingly sweet at times. It flooded my head with happiness.

"Then I'm ready. Let's go."

Ash nodded and interlaced her fingers with mine, pulling me along the way with ease. I dropped my phone into the clutch bag and noticed a few items were already inside. There was some perfume, some jewelry, and some makeup. I closed the little bag and took a deep breath.

I wondered silently who'd be at the dinner party.

  ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────