2

-4 Years Later-

"Rise and shine little sister, your first day of the last year of school starts today!" Valerie sang.

I groaned as I pulled the blanket over my head. "Correction...the first day of my senior year starts today, it's hardly going to be the last year of my schooling." I corrected her as I knew fully well I would be going to college.

"Oh whatever!" She sighed, even under my blanket I knew she had rolled her eyes dramatically. "Mom wants you up and down for breakfast and I'm telling you right now that if you're gonna want a ride from me be ready To go in thirty minutes, because I've got shit to do today."

I jumped out of bed and grabbed the first thing that I saw in my closet then ran straight into the restroom.

As I sat down to pee I ripped off the price tags to the new pieces of clothing Valerie had helped me pick out.

You see four years ago when we first moved into our new house I thought I would take Valerie up on her suggestion to try and fit in a little more since these were a whole new crop of kids.

Nothing too drastic as I refused to change who I am entirely, just help with picking more fashionable clothes, how to apply makeup (I still don't wear a ton of it), and really figure out what products worked best for my curly hair.

Other than that when I started school I asked to placed in as many advanced classes as I could. I figured at this school I wouldn't try and hide myself anymore...so I took not only the more challenging classes but signed up to be a tutor and genuinely made an attempt to talk to people.

And as I went through highschool I found it wasn't nearly as bad as I was dreading.

People knew who I was, I had actual acquaintances that would wave at me in the hall or I'd chat with in class.

But none of those people added up to my amazing best friends Elise and Mariah.

I'd met Elise Freshman year, we were all waiting on the bus that first day of school and she was surrounded by guys and she looked super annoyed with them.

When the bus arrived I got on first and she and the guys got on after me, I guess not wanting to get stuck with them she ducked into my seat...she introduced herself and the rest was history.

Mariah was actually the first student I tutored...in a lot of ways she's like Val so I think that's why I liked her so much.

I smiled as I brushed my teeth and thought about some of the best times the three of us have had together these past few years.

I spit out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth out before I grabbed my new clothes.

I squirmed around as I tried to get the skinny jeans onto my short legs, once I finally got those suckers on, I pulled the plain blouse on and sighed, the top was a little form fitting so I grabbed a thin cardigan to wear with it. I ran my fingers through my hair as I sprayed in some product to keep it from frizzing too much then decided to go bare faced with the exception of some lip gloss.

I gave myself a once over in the full length mirror.

A lot has changed but some things were still the same, my height was one of them.

In four years I had literally only grown a couple of inches making me 5ft even. But it wasn't all bad, because what I lacked in height I made up for in tenfold with my extremely curvaceous figure.

As an extremely late bloomer when my curves finally did show up it seemed like they would never stop.

And while it sound all good and fun...This too has it's perks and downfalls. Perks: guys love curves ergo I'm not picked on by anyone anymore (with the occasional catty remark from jealous girls). Downfall: depending on what I wear I can look like I'm pregnant, a slut, or an Oompa Loompa.