33

Braxton's POV

I shook my head with a burdensome sigh as I pulled my car back into the driveway of the lake house. When I walked inside I found my little cousin washing dishes.

"Patrick?" I said getting his attention.

He turned off the water and cleaned his hands dry on the towel hanging on the stove door, "What's up Brax?"

My voice caused him to jump up immediately with a start, a slight look of panic rushed across his face.

"Just letting you know I'm here now...What are you doing?

"Just cleaning up..." He said almost timidly. "Harper was kind enough to ask me to join her for dinner so I figured I could help her by doing the dishes."

I nodded, of course my lovely mate would offer him dinner, she is so kind and thoughtful that way. "And where is my Mate?"

"Oh, Harper went up to your bedroom a few hours ago...I tried to see if she needed anything by knocking on your door but she didn't respond and I could feel her presence so I figured she must've called it an early night."

I nodded suddenly feeling tired as well, "Well, why don't you just go on up and settle into one of the guest rooms for the night."

Upon my request he quickly shook his head, "If you don't mind I'd just like to go home Braxton."

Family is everything to me and that's why you'd never hear my cousins call me Alpha...My Uncle Rich on the other hand loves to use my title as he says it make him proud to call me that.

I nodded my understanding and thanked him for watching out for Harper tonight. He grabbed his phone and then I walked him out, I watched as he got into his corvette and left the lake house, his taillights disappearing into the darkness. As much as that kid can annoy me sometimes, he really has becoming quite useful recently.

I locked up the front door knowing only three people have a key to this house other than me, and all three of those people know better than to come over here after what happened tonight.

Soon the images of tonight's events replayed in my head.

..... ..... ..... ..... .....
"Did they tell you anything?" I asked the boy, "Ellie didn't seem any different at school or anything...How about your brother, he say anything?"

Tommy Cage shook his head with purpose, "No alpha, Elise was pretty normal at school and I know my brother...we tell each other everything, he would have mentioned something to me."

I sighed but nodded my head, Vance's little brother Tommy was our only lead other than my Harper, but judging by her statement earlier I knew she has no clue as to Elise's sudden disappearance. I looked back at my uncle Richard and he sighed heavily, we both knew what would have to be done now.

"We have two options." I said as I looked at my family and Vance's, "we can go back home and I can accept them as runaways and from here on out they will be known as rogues until they decide to come back, or we can track them."

"Tracking won't do any good if they don't want to be here." Ryder added.

"Perhaps we should just pray to the moon goddess that they return safely back us." Mrs Cage said tearfully, aunt Rebecca hugged her in a form of comfort.

Something in th pit of my gut was telling me they didn't just run away, and I knew everyone in this room felt the same.

..... ..... ..... ..... .....

I cleared the thoughts from my head and continued on my way up to the bedroom, I found Harper lying peacefully asleep in the bed, both my wolf and I were anxious to join her.

I kicked off my boots before I got out of my pants and then pulled off my shirt. I pulled back the thick blanket and instantly noticed she was wearing one of my shirts, I smiled and it quickly fell away, 'did Patrick see her like this?' I worried, but as I held the blanket away from her body, the coolness of the room must've touched her skin as she turned over and suddenly I was looking at her angelic face once more.

Even asleep you could see her innocence and beauty shine through and my earlier worries washed away as I soon let myself into the bed.

"Mmm" she moaned.

I smiled and pulled her light little frame to me, she instantly snuggled comfortably into place, the warmth of her sleepy state radiated off of her and caused me to yawn before I resigned to placing a chaste kiss on her forehead.

It didn't take long before my tiredness took over and soon I was dreaming about a not too distant future with my Harper.

_____

I woke up to playful kisses on my chest and I couldn't help but smile as her soft lips made even my wolf stir.

"Good morning gorgeous." I said before I even opened my eyes.

"You came back to me." She said.

I could hear the glowing smile in her words, I chuckled and opened my eyes, "I promised you I would" I said before I leaned down and gave her a good morning kiss.

It was only meant to be a sweet gesture but as soon as her arms snake around my neck I knew I would give into anything she wanted, and soon my mouth was eagerly touching every surface I could, including her neck.

As I kissed the spot I would mark her, a small pleasurable moan poured from her luscious lips and my wolf was clawing to come forward.

I knew in that moment that I could mark her, I could make her mine in every way.

But I also knew that despite what my mate is doing, I know she isn't ready for the responsibility that comes with mating and a mark.

Unfortunately my wolf and our mates pull are telling us otherwise and I knew things were going to start happening much faster than I would have liked.

I guess it's a good thing I already have the engagement ring back at my moms house.

"So," I said as I pulled away from our tempting little mate, "what would you like for breakfast?"