18

It has been few days since I've seen Braxton.

Sure we've talked and texted each other every day since he took off the night of his mothers dinner party.

But for some reason, not seeing him made me extremely depressed. To the point where I was beginning to mope.

"You've got a letter sweetie."

I rolled off of my bed and made my way downstairs, I found my letter sitting on the small table next to the front door.

I picked up the envelope and found that it was some sort of parchment instead of your everyday run of the mill envelope.

I opened the thick square envelope and pulled out a masculine yet elegant invitation. As well as a simple Lacey black mask.

'You have been cordially invite to the Annual PAK Masquerade Ball.'

My eyes lit up.

I pulled out my phone and called Elise.

"Please tell me you're going to this ball thing!"

"Of course, Vance is in the fraternity." She replied.

"So I guess I should go dress shopping." I admitted.

"Yeah, if you want I can go with, but I've already gotten a dress."

"Okay...I can not wait to see you in a ball gown..." I laughed a little.

"Shut up, it isn't a big puffy monstrosity...think more along the lines of sleek evening gown."

"Sexy...anyways I'll see if Val wants to take me, it's been a while since we've actually gotten to hangout." I said.

"Well tell her I said hi and good luck finding something, I know how much you detest shopping."

I laughed, in truth I didn't mind shopping, it was trying the items on that I hated.

I thanked her and hung up, I called my sister who as it turns out was also invited. She happily agreed to take me shopping so I got dressed and when she honked I left.

Instead of going to the mall we went to a couple of boutiques on the outskirts of town, as we didn't want to run the risk of getting something another girl may have purchased.

"No H, those kind of dresses will look like your being swallowed by them." She said as I was admiring a rather large Cinderella style dress.

"Well then what do you think I should wear?" I asked.

"You've got a killer rack" she grinned, "I think you should show the girls off."

I shook my head, "I don't want anything too revealing, while I don't mind a sexier dress I don't want to look like a whore."

The saleswoman didn't say a thing as Valerie and I spoke openly about our likes and dislikes.

"Well maybe something to accentuate your figure a bit." The woman suggested politely, "I have a few mermaid styles that should suit your body perfectly, without being too much."

I nodded.

Valerie had already picked out a tight little number in vivid crimson...her signature color.

I went into the dressing room and tried on one dress, the style was actually quite nice but the color was completely wrong. I tried the next one but it was a bit more snug than the first. The third one had a weird puffy one arm sleeve so I didnt even want to try it on.

I grabbed the second to the last one and looked at it.

I loved the way it looked on the hanger, the bottom half was black while the top accentuated the bust (like Val wanted) in a pretty silver adorned crystal like embellishments.