3

Braxton's POV:

---

"Hey Brax, the new pledges are here."

I turned and looked at Ryder, my Vice President. "Thanks, man...last year for me brother...guess I should make it count."

"Look you don't have to do this Brax...go and be with your folks."

I sighed, "Dad wants us to go on like everything is fine...mom's better at pretending than I am."

He shook his head, "how is the Luna?"

"Like I said she's good at pretending, but I know she's hurting."

Ryder nodded, "we'll keep it brief, just a welcome speech, then we can have Vance show them around and the Head of Hiuse will get their rooms assigned."

"You've been a big help to me man, you really are gonna make a great Beta."

"Yeah well I'm not looking to take on that role anytime soon so when you see your dad you tell him that for me okay?" He said with a small smirk before he gave me a brotherly hug and left me in my room to get ready.

I looked around my room.

Everything seemed so trivial to me now, now that my father was on his deathbed.

I knew at any moment he could leave us and then what?

I knew I'd become the Alpha...it's what I've been born into, what I've been raised and groomed to become. But all of the lessons and histories, sitting in on meetings and helping dad make decisions...none of it seemed like enough preparation now.

I always thought that I'd take the Alpha Role when dad stepped down, when he and mom decided to retire.

I'd take on alpha but if still have him there if I had a question or needed help with something...constantly imparting his wisdom throughout my time as Alpha.

But I knew that wasn't going to happen now.

The council had already been called over in case dad passes, and as our packs Beta, my Uncle Richard was running the pack while dad holds on to his last strands of life.

I let out a heavy sigh and I switched out of my t-shirt and into my fitted maroon polo that bore our fraternity's letters before I made my way down the stairs.

Like every other fraternity here we were experiencing rush week, where students wanted to become new pledges. Unlike most fraternities here, our frat is only for Werewolves.

I walked into our backyard and wasn't surprised to see the new faces. There weren't many, to be honest there were only four of them.

"Brothers," Ryder spoke to the 26 current frat/pack members as well as the 4 new guys. "Let's give a hand to our president, Braxton Ocklan."

The guys all clapped and I stepped forward, "I am so glad to see all of you returning, I am also glad to see that the four of you have received our invitations." I said, my voice booming around them even though I wasn't yelling. "As you know Rho Alpha Kappa (PAK) is a very prestigious fraternity, it is elite in that everyone wants to join us but only those deemed worthy are hand selected to join."

The guys all listened, their attention never once wavering. "You are all the best of the best, you come from families with the strongest bloodlines, and if you choose to accept our invitation you will now be forever known as a PAK brother as well as a member of The Elite 30."

Every Werewolf is born into a pack, and every Werewolf becomes a pack member during their first phase. BUT. The 30 best male Weres are separated into the famous "Elite 30," they are the strongest, fastest, most ruthless Weres around. Amongst the pack they are the protectors, the soldiers. To the Humans The Elite 30 are gods, men that have and get everything, and want for nothing.