17

I stood in front of Elise's mirror.

She had escaped to the restroom for a shower some time ago, I put on some pajamas (an old night gown of hers) and found myself staring at my reflection.

Could Braxton really be attracted to my body.

It's true that I'm not as pudgy as I use to be, but I also am not nearly as skinny as Elise.

"What are you doing?" Elise asked with a slight chuckle as she dried the ends of her hair with a towel.

"I'm trying to see what Braxton sees, and I am having a hard time finding it."

"Are you kidding me," she said tossing the towel on the back of her chair. "I would kill to have your shape." She groaned as she stood next to me.

"What do you mean, you're perfect with your long legs and fit frame."

"I'm practically a boy!" She sighed, "my boobs are so small and I have almost no shape."

Now I couldn't believe what I was hearing, "Ellie you're so pretty and you have Vance."

"You're pretty too H, and you have Braxton, if you'd actually let him in." She said, "everybody has their own insecurities but luckily we have guys who accept us despite what we have or don't have...more so, we're beautiful because we believe we are, so stop trashing yourself."

I nodded, I like the way I feel around Braxton, and I love the way he makes me feel when he touches me.

For the first time in my life I would have to trust a guy.

_____

"Hello." I answered happily as I looked myself over once more in my full length mirror.

"Hello gorgeous, I was just calling to let you know I am on my way, I will be there shortly."

"Alright see you in a bit then."

I readied myself and sat on my bed as I awaited his text or call saying he is here. What I didn't expect was three minutes later my doorbell would be ringing.

"Harper sweetie," my mom sounded as she entered my bedroom. "A gentleman by the name of Braxton Ocklan is here to pick you up."

I was a little shocked, "he's at the door?"

"To be honest sweetie I thought you had made him up." She giggled.

"Gee thanks mom."

I begrudgingly followed her, the thought of all the embarrassing things my parents were bound to say loomed in the back of my head.

"There she is." My father said merrily.

"Hello Harper."

"Hi." I weakly responded.

I have seen Braxton in normal casual wear, just his boxer, swim trunks, and workout gear. But this was the first time he was dressed in a more business style, and he looked just as handsome as ever in a very well fitted suit.

"You look lovely." He said.

"Thank you." I replied. "We should probably get going before we're late."

He nodded as he then turned to tell my parents goodbye. "It was nice meeting you both Mr and Mrs Carson."

He walked us to his car and he opened my door for me before he held his hand out to help me in.

After he got himself into the car he turned to face me, "I do apologize in advance." He said as he started his car and pulled out of my driveway. "My initial plans for tonight had to be cancelled."