Library Duty

Rose hated library duty. She knew it was important and she got the point of it: older students helping their younger colleagues with school work whilst monitoring the library, but still, she hated it with a passion. She hated being the study buddy, she felt like she was being used and she hated that she was losing her own study time when NEWT's were just around the corner. And to make matters worse, Scorpius, who she was treating with silence treatment, was doing it along with her. Any other day his company would be a relief but now it was just a hazard.

Rose quietly walked towards the back of the library to put down her bag at the last section where she and Scorpius usually out down their things before commencing with the painful library duty. Rose didn't look, but as she walked past the third section, she sensed a certain blond boy staring at her. She ignored the tingling sensation of his eyes staring her down and carried on. As soon as she laid her things down, someone called her name. It was a group of fifth year Hufflepuffs, Gryffindors and Ravenclaws. Rose noticed that very few Slytherins ever came to the library, Rose had never been there but she was starting to think that the Slytherin common room had a secret library no one knew about.

Rose walked towards the small group and leaned over a blond Hufflepuff's shoulder, by the looks so f it, they were writing an essay for Defence Against the Dark Arts, which wasn't Rose's forte. "What can I help you with?" Rose asked.

"Defensive charms." A dark skinned Gryffindor responded. "We can't figure out some of the charms' counter indications."

"Let me see." Rose took the girls essay and read it. She had no clue for any of the counter indications for any of the spells listed. But she knew someone who did.

Rose looked at Scorpius, he sat behind two third years and was speaking and they were writing down what he was saying. Rose pondered for a second, if she asked him for help, he would probably nag about it for the rest of their lives, but at the same time, Lupin was extremely strict with essays and fifth year was exame year. Rose sighed, damn it, she had to speak to him.

"Malfoy." Rose spoke. Scorpius's head snapped towards Rose as she said spoke his name. "What have you got there?"

"Um-Transfiguration." He said a bit confused.

"I have DADA-defensive charms." Rose stated. "Could we swap?"

Scorpius's lips curled into a smug smirk. "Sure" He said as he slowly stood up.

"Thanks." Rose mumbled. She have the girls a quick, polite smile and walked past Scorpius, and just like earlier at the Hospital Wing, their shoulders touched, sending electricity through their bodies.

"So." Rose took Scorpius's previous seat, "What do we have here."

"He was just giving us the definition of Animagi." One of the girls said.

"Animagus," Rose corrected. "Anyways, alright, Animagus." She began to put her hair up in a ponytail as she spoke. "An Animagus is a witch or wizard with the rare ability to transform into a particular animal at will. The Animagus spell is very difficult and dangerous to perform, which is one reason that all Animagi are required to be registered by the Ministry of Magic. The Animagus transformation is one of a very few forms of magic that can be-" Suddenly the girls started giggling softly.

"What's the matter?" Rose frowned.

"That Malfoy boy is staring at you." One of them said.

Rose looked at Scorpius and for a second she caught him staring at her, she couldn't help but smile a little. "Yeah, he does that a lot." She shrugged her shoulders. "Anyways, where was I. Yes, um The Animagus transformation is one of a very few forms of magic that can be performed in a controlled manner without a Wand..."