A Little Light In The Dark

The same day Scorpius got out of the hospital, he and all his friends took a portkey back to Hogwarts. For the next few days, the mood wasn't the same and everyone was gloomy and sad. But Scorpius didn't make much of it, he didn't expect the response to the previous events to be any different. Their world had been shaken. 

What was really bothering Scorpius was Albus. Scorpius noticed that Albus, who used to be the heart and soul of the group, the voice, the jokester and prankster, was separating himself from all his friends. He was absent at meals and was never in the common room with everyone else. It was making Scorpius uneasy, he knew that by alienating himself he would only make himself feel worse.

The second day back at Hogwarts the heading of the Daily Prophet stated that the highest post at the Ministry had been corrupt and that the impostor had run away. The newspaper also stated that Harry's post had been temporarily admitted to Hermione and Ron was in charge of the search for Harry. There was a reward for whoever found his whereabouts. Finally, it hinted that something dark was coming (probably influence of McGonagall), it stated:

During this time of great venerability, our leaders urge us to unite and learn to work together as one, if not, events of the past may repeat themselves.

McGonagall hadn't been seen at Hogwarts yet. In fact, very few teachers stayed behind and many had left during. This was especially frustrating for the group since they all wanted answers for what was going on. Was the plan to capture Lucius Malfoy on holt? How far were they with the investigation? Are they planning to capture the imposter as well as finding Harry? All these questions made the half-term pass as slowly as a broken broom.

**

The group was hanging at the heads common room. The scenery was the usual. Empty bottles of butter-beer were scattered around the floor and furniture, Scorpius, Toby, Zabini and Marlene sat around the table playing a game of cards, Rose sat in a corner of the room reading a book and the rest sat around the glowing fire.

The door of the common room swung open, Scorpius lifted his head up from his cards hoping to see Albus walk through the door to finally join his friends but instead it was Aurora who joined them. She wore a tense expression as she walked towards Scorpius.

"I need to speak to you," Aurora said simply.

"We're in a middle of a game here!" Toby protested without lifting his eyes from his cards.

"It's really important." She pressed.

"Alright." The blond boy put his cards facing down on the table and stood up.

"Hey!" Marlene frowned.

"Sorry, guys." Scorpius gave an apologetic look. "I need to speak to her as well."

"Fine," Marlene said. Zabini and Toby threw their cards on the table facing upwards. "We'll play something else."

Scorpius looked at Aurora, "Let's go upstairs." She nodded and they made their way towards the stairs, Scorpius motioned for Rose to follow them. She immediately put her book down and followed the two.

Scorpius led the way into his bedroom, Aurora and Rose close behind him. As soon as they all got in, Rose closed the door behind her.

"We need to do something about Albus." Aurora started, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Good," Scorpius said as he sat down on the bed. "I'm not the only one who noticed him acting weird."

"I hate seeing him like this." Aurora continued. "He's so sad and depressed, we have to do something about it. Scorpius I need your help, you know him better than any of us."