Half-term Mayham pt.2

Arriving at Kings Cross at half-term break was very different than arriving for Christmas or at the end of the year. The platform was nowhere near as full, and the spirit was bland. Scorpius was handing Rose her luggage when he glanced out the window for a quick second when he spotted someone he wasn't expecting to see and he felt his whole body go rigid.

Draco.

What the hell? Scorpius did a double-take. No, it was definitely his father, that platinum blond hair didn't fool anyone. What in the world was he doing here? He never ever came to pick him up. Scorpius couldn't move, he was petrified, this was unnatural to him, he didn't know how to react, was this a good thing?

With every second ticking of Scorpius just standing, paralyzed, glued to the ground Rose got more and more aware that something was wrong. "Scorpius?" She said his name with concern.

"My father is waiting at the platform." He said simply. The whole compartment went quiet.

"Your father?" Rose asked with a puzzled look.

"Yes," he turned to the window again. "Look, by that post." He pointed towards the far left of the platform where the tall blond man stood.

"Oh no." Rose whispered. "Did you tell him you were coming?"

"No," Scorpius stated. "He was supposed to be in Germany!"

"Than who told him?" Marlene asked.

"Do you think it was McGonagall?" Rose pondered.

"I hope not." Scorpius said. "I really hope not."

"Wait, why is that bad?" Toby asked.

"If McGonagall told my father I was going away for the half term," Scorpius started. "She most likely thinks we're up to something."

"Oh, yeah that's not good." He scratched his head. "What are we going to do?" Everyone stayed silent.

"Face him, I guess." Albus shrugged. "We don't really have a choice, do we?"

"He's right." Rose agreed. "I hope you come up with a good excuse 'till we have to get out of this train."

Everyone gathered their remaining luggage and started exiting the train. Walking out, Scorpius carried his backpack and Rose's small suitcase, his hands were sweating so much he felt like the handle was going to slip through his fingers. Soon, he was one foot away from his father and the excuse he came up with flew out the window.

"Scorpius," Draco said firmly as his son approached, his was voice full of urgency. He grabbed Scorpius's shoulder. "You should have stayed at Hogwarts."

"Hi, dad, nice to see you too." Scorpius rolled his eyes sarcastically but his father dismissed his words.

"All of you," Draco pointed towards the group of friends standing behind Scorpius, "come with me, now. We need somewhere safe to talk. Caleb, Eleanor you too." The blond man turned around and started making his way towards the exit of the crowded station. The group (Rose, Albus, Aurora, Marlene, Zabini, Toby, Margo, Lily, Caleb, Eleanor and Louis) with the addition of Scorpius's cousin, Mathew, obeyed and followed him without a word. Finally, they crossed the barrier one by one and made it out the platform.

The muggle side of King's Cross station was almost just as packed, the group struggled to walk through it but eventually they were out in the streets of London. It was a crisp sunny day, which made the streets even busier.

Draco kept walking at a fast pace, Scorpius at his feet. His mind was completely spinning, and for the first time in his life, he had no idea what was going on. Suddenly, Draco came to a stop, he looked to both sides and turned right. They were now all standing in a dark alley.