Lee Daehwi

(Requested)

"Are you going to walk any slower (y/n)?" Daehwi groaned and held my hand in his.

I imitated him and just let him drag me all the way out of the school gates.

"I heard that." He turned and glared at me.

"Whatever." I stuck out my tongue at him.

"So, where are we going today?" He asked as we passed the gates.

"Sometimes you act like my boyfriend and that's cringy." I blankly looked at him and looked away again.

"I am your boyfriend!" He continues to drag me swinging our hands front to back.

"I wish." I muttered to myself.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing." I just stared at our intertwined fingers.

Then, he halted his steps and I bumped into his back. I looked up to see that we're standing infront of an ice cream truck at a park.

"What flavor would you like?" Daehwi looked at me.

"Uhhhh.... Chocolate chip."

"One chocolate chip ice cream and one blueberry ice cream."

We waited for a few minutes for the ice cream man to scoop our ice creams into the small cups. I took mine and was about to pay for it but Daehwi have already payed.

We sat on the swings to eat our ice creams. Daehwi glanced at me and smiled feeding me a bit of his ice cream.

I quickly looked away again to hide my blush and we immediately finished our ice creams.

After a few more minutes just walking and fooling around at the park, we continued our walk home.

The next day, we walk to school together just like every other day. Daehwi and I walked side by side as we chat.

"Hey (y/n)." I looked up from the ground to face him and turned my head down again when he noticed.

"Wanna go to One Café later?" He smiled cutely.

"Sure." I just shrugged.

We arrive at school and went to our own group of friends since Daehwi and I aren't in the same class.

It was my final class for the day and it was so boring. I doodled some random letters on the paper we got until I heard the bell ring.

I smiled to myself and packed my stuff before rushing out of the classroom. Daehwi was waiting at the end of the hallway near the stairs.

We were walking to the café he suggested to go to earlier when he stopped walking. We stood under the random cherry blossom tree on the side of the street.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked grasping the straps of my bag tightly.

"Just wanted to talk." He grinned.

"Uhmm, we can talk while walking?"

"Let's just stop for awhile to talk. If we're walking, you might not focus on what I'm saying."

"Uhhh, okayyy." I looked at him confused.

"Well, how was school today?"

"Boring as usual?" I shrugged answering in a questioning tone.

"I didn't see you at the cafeteria, did you eat lunch?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

"I studied in class, my friends brought snacks for me though."

"Ohh, uhhh, okay."

"Okay Lee Daehwi, why don't you get straight to the point?" I crossed my arms.

"You know how we started getting close since summer break last year? I purposely wanted to get close to you because you're so nice to everyone and a lot of guys are into you... I actually started liking you since the time you moved here earlier last year. So what I'm trying to say is, I love you." He said as fast as he could stopping here and there to catch his breath.

"You can sing very well but I suggest you to work more on your rapping skills." I joked.

"(y/n)-ah!" He whined pouting his lips.

"I like you too." I pulled him into a hug and we both laughed.

Months passed, we've been on dates almost everyday after school since we do walk home together. We'd also go out together on weekends.

It was Sunday, I got a call from Daehwi who says that he wanted to eat some cheesecake. So, I got ready and met Daehwi who was already waiting infront of my house.

We arrived at the cake shop and I sat at one of the tables as Daehwi ordered our cakes and drinks. He got me my favorite slice of cake and some iced peach tea while he eats a slice of cheesecake with iced coffee.

"We've been together for like 6 months now." I smiled as he held my hand.

"It feels so short." Daehwi chuckled.

"I know right." I pursed my lips.

"Since today marks the 184th day we're together and 184 is a nice looking number, let's make a promise." He suggested.

"What promise?" I asked and he took out a little box with a pair of silver bracelets inside.

"As long as these bracelets are on our wrists, we'll be there for each other as a couple, as partners, as soulmates, but most importantly as best friends." He put the smaller bracelet on for me before putting his.

We both smiled and looked at the bracelets before sharing a sweet kiss.

-

I'm so bad at romantic honestly.... I hope it's not too cringy 😂

Thanks for reading!
I love you! 💜