13. Shut Up Wade!

WE'RE AT 1K READS!!

"Hi!" I give a small smile and he returns it. Is he really that happy to see me? The thought brings a blush to my cheeks. "My friends are just catching up with each other, so I just wondered if you wanted to hangout."

"Sure, we can just walk the floor," He steps from around the back of his booth.  He looks even cuter when you can see his outfit.  I wish I looked as fit as he does . . . I walk up to his side and we walk side by side with a few inches in between us.  Trying to avoid playing on my phone I try to start a conversation.

"Do you have a YouTube channel?" I say looking into his hazel eyes.

"Yeah, the name of my channel is 'Crankgameplays'.  Do you have one?" I look down at the floor.  I can feel his eyes looking at me which makes me slightly blush.

"It's '(Y/c/n) (Your Channel Name)', I just hit a million not too long ago,"

"Really? That's amazing!" He sounds . . . excited for me?  The only person who uses that kind of tone is Mark.  No one ever really cares about me.  He's probably just being friendly.

"I'm just lucky that people actually watch my videos,"

"Why is that?"

"I'm not the most interesting or funny person," I drag my feet a little as I walk.

"Well, I think you're perfect." Our eyes meet for a second, I look away as I feel my cheeks heat up.  I can see a small blush on his cheeks too.  He's just being friendly.  Right?

"Thanks," I look ahead of us and see a video game demo.  "Wait, do you like video games?!"

"Hell yeah, I 'like video games'!" Ethan and I run to the game and eagerly start playing the demo.  Mark has told me what makes a good video game, but when you're playing with Ethan there's no need to focus on the actual game.  The whole entire time I just focus on his reactions.  Each time he says 'shit!' or 'how are you better than me?' I release a small giggle. Once we finish the demo I grab his arm and pull him to another booth.

The good thing about being a creater is that you get to come early. So I get to do a lot of things that are already set up, that I wouldn't get to do because of all my events. I look down to my phone and see a text from Wade that says 'You lovebirds look cute together, but your meet and greet starts in an hour. So don't be late! (P.S. we all can see how hard you are blushing)'.

My response to his text is 'Shut up Wade! Also stop watching me, and thanks for the reminder.'. I look over at Ethan and he is chatting with another person which I can only assume is one of his YouTuber friends. Of course someone like Ethan has friends. He's so outgoing.

"Brian! Meet (Y/n), she's pretty cool," Ethan says to 'Brian'.

"'Pretty cool'? Uh I think you mean, very cool." I say pretending to be cool.

"No I think I meant 'pretty cool'," Ethan says with a big grin. I pretend to be offended and elbow him lightly.

"Hey (Y/n), I'm Brian, or Girbeagly," Brian gives me a small wave and I awkwardly wave back. Brian has a black fringe that has one streak of a blondish yellow hair color.  He seems nice.

"What kind of videos do you make?" I ask desperately trying to keep a conversation going.

"Gaming videos," he says fiddling with his pen

"We both do gameplays," Ethan says putting his hands in his pockets.  Since him and I are standing so close, his elbow nearly touches mine.  The thought of him being close to me makes me blush. 

"What are your videos?" Brian says probably noticing my blush.

"Mainly gaming but sometimes vlogs and challenges," Ethan gives a small nod and Brian cracks a smile. 

We continue talking for a bit longer until Brian says, "Well, I should go find OG.  So, see ya later E, and it's was nice to meet you (Y/n)!" Ethan and I wave to Brian before he walks away.  OG?  Probably another one of Ethan's friends.  Out of nowhere I hear loud voices echoing off the walls. Ethan and I look at each other.

"Oh shit, they let everyone in!" I say realizing that it's gonna get crowded really quickly. From behind me, I hear footsteps, running towards Ethan and I. Probably a fan of Ethan. I turn to see who it is, it's a girl wearing one of my shirts. She has a big smile and a adorable fringe. She just stands there wide eyed as if she just saw a ghost. I look over at Ethan and see that he has a wide smile.

"Hey! What's your name?" Ethan says.

"Uh, Hi Ethan, h-hi (Y/n)! I-I'm Sarah." She has cute circle glasses and braces. It's cute that she's nervous, is she nervous because of me, or Ethan?

"Hey Sarah! Who are you here to see?" I say with a over exaggerated smile.

"I actually came to see you, Ethan, Mark, Bob, The salty bois, Seán, Molly and Mandy."

"Wowie! That's a whole lot of people! I take it you're going to (y/n)'s meet and greet?" Ethan seems to open up more around people, I on the other hand, stay quiet and am less open, even around fans. I look over at Ethan and he returns my glance.

"Yeah!" Sarah smiles.

"Cool! Well, we have to go, but I can't wait till we meet again! Bye Sarah!" I grab Ethan's hand and walk away quickly. His hand is so soft and warm, shit I bet I'm blushing. Looking around I see a good booth to go to, but it's pretty far away. I look at Ethan and his eyes are locked on me. How long was he looking at me?

His cheeks have a reddish tint as he says, "S-Sorry."

"It's fine, E." I keep looking at him for a bit longer and take in his features. After a few steps we reach the booth. As soon as we stop walking I let go of his hand. Looking down I see I have 15 minutes til the meet and greet starts. "I have to go but I'll see ya later, Ethan."

"Bye." Ethan says weakly. Hearing him say it that way makes me frown.  Silently I walk to the area where the meet and greet is being held.  The whole entire time I think of Ethan.

Thank you for 1K reads!  Yes of course I had to reward myself, so I got my Dad to buy me ice cream at McDonald's 😁👍.  I hope you all are enjoying this story. I know I am.  You all should reward yourselves for reading this far into the book, AND getting it to 1K reads.

Bye Fam Squad!

-HEC-