36. Reunited

So Soobin, a good song that is an optional play ^

The sky was bright and yet Y/n was still sleeping in their old bed. Peacefully, Y/n lay in bed, cuddled up in their covers. Meanwhile, everyone else in the house was awake.

Of course, being young and all, Lucas slowly stepped into the room. He didn't wanna wake Y/n on accident, at least that was his logic. Carefully, he climbed the edge of the bed and straddled the sleeping Y/n. With a small evil giggle, he went through with his childish antics.

He carefully places his hands on their cheeks, left then right. As annoyingly as he possibly could be, he gave their face small harmless smacks. Two every second. And damn is something like that irritating.

Y/n's POV

Without having to open my eyes, my hands flew to hold onto the small wrists of the child that would soon get his ass whipped. I pulled his hands from my face and placed them at his sides. He's doing a good job of being a step-sibling, I'll give him that at least.

"Lucas, you are so totally in trouble later," I mutter to him and slowly open my eyes. When my eyes adjust to the morning, I'm met with his little tricky smile. He just giggles at what I say. Being too tired to attack or do anything, I just pull him into a hug and use him as a stuffed animal to go back to sleep with.

"No! Help, Mark!" Lucas squeals out to Mark who is waiting in the living room. Mark was supposed to be back-up if something happened, but yet he is nowhere to be seen now. "Ethan?! Anyone?!"

Almost as if on cue, Ethan walks past the door and Lucas lets out a little squeak asking for help. I purposefully squeeze Lucas tightly and pretend that I don't notice his squirming. Ethan turns to the desperate noises and his eyes widen at the crazy scene before him. "Uh-" Ethan starts but is cut off by Lucas calling for help.

Ethan plasters a large smile on his face and dashes in the room. "I'll save you, Lucas!" Ethan jokes and swoops Lucas carefully out of my grip, which I allow him to do.

"Dang it Ethan, I was getting revenge," I play along and reach out for Lucas. Lucas responds by blowing a raspberry at me, and Ethan can't help, but giggle and set Lucas on the ground.

"Alright, alright. Lucas, we need to leave so Y/n can get ready for the family reunion today," Ethan leads Lucas out of the room, "By the way, good morning, Y/n." Before leaving the room, Ethan looks back at me with a cute smile. He closes the door behind himself and I climb out of bed with a groan. I search through what I packed and decide to actually try to look nice with my outfit today.

I throw on a black long-sleeved shirt that is a bit too tight on my chest, I throw a white cropped t-shirt on over it. I wear ripped black jean shorts that hug my thighs a bit and feel insecurity wracking at my brain. Deciding to ignore the thoughts, I put on the necklace my mom gave me the night before. Finally, I pull on some socks and leave my old room.

I walk out to the living room and stumble upon the scene of Mark chilling on the couch and Lucas copying him. Mark is slouched back on the couch, next to him, Lucas is pretty much doing the same. "Lucas, sit up. That's bad for your bad," I scold.

"Mark is doing it too!'' Lucas tattles and Mark looks in my direction.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Mark teases and I shake my head in disapproval at him.

"Come on, Lucas. Let's leave Mark to do his own thing," I pull the 4-year-old off the couch and hold his hand. I lead him to where my mom is and whisper a question in her. She sighs and nods at my request, I then take Lucas outside. I release his hand and shut the front door behind us, I then tell him to sit on the grass so we can talk.