26. Strawberry

I lean my head on Jp's shoulder and grip his arm tightly.  What am I doing with myself?  I bet I look terrible.  I need to try, common Y/n.  I can't hold in my emotions and a tear slides down my flushed cheek.  Jp frowns and lifts my head from his shoulder, placing it on his chest as he gives me a warm hug.

"Don't cry Y/n" he says quietly so not everyone can hear him.

I sniffle and say, "I'm gonna miss you so much." He nods and I hear a small sniff some from him. "Jp don't get upset too!"

I lift my head from his chest and look into his brown eyes. His eyes look watery as he stares back at me with a small smile on his face.  "I promise that I'll visit," he sniffles. I know I'll just have to buy him tickets, but it'll be worth it. My mind wanders and I remember Seán, we're not gonna be able to see each other.  I tuck my head back into Jp's chest and I get emotional yet again.

I can't help it though, I know Seán and I won't be talking. How will I know if he's even alive? How will I function without PMA man by my side?  I missed him so goddamn much while he was in England.  I close my eyes tightly as I cling to Jp's shirt, his soft voice ripples in my ears, "Y/n, take some deep breaths."

I nod and pull away from his blue shirt, taking deep breaths as his hand rubs my back.  To my surprise no one else is worried about me just sitting here, crying in Jp's arms.  Luckily, my emotions calmed down and I just had puffy eyes as I clutched onto Jp's arm.  Since I'm more of a clingy kind of person it really helped me feel better by holding onto him.  Jp understood and just sat with me in silence, and just stared down the air, thinking deeply.

"Jp?" I say weakly, his head turns to me quickly.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you," I sigh, Jp just smiles in response and sits back on the couch.  I curl up into a small ball and focus on my breathing again.  A body plops on the couch next to me, following a arm that lays over my shoulders.  My eyes follow where the arm leads to see Seán leaning on me with a smile on his face.  Once our eyes meet, his smile drops.  He sighs and pulls me closer to him.

"Has my child been crying?" he frowns.

"Maybe," I say like the grouch I am.  He turns my head and makes our eyes meet again.

"Everything is going to be alright.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will eventually."  Seán says as he cracks a small smile, and hugs me tightly.

"Ugh, you're too nice to me Seán," I mutter.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't deserve such nice people in my life," I look around the room and my eyes tear up, "I can't believe I'm losing them."

"Oh hush!  You deserve everyone in this room and you aren't losing them," he squeezes me even tighter as he wipes my eyes, "we'd never leave our Y/n."

I feel my eyes water, god why am I so emotional?  I clear my throat and mutter, "Thank you, Seán."

"No prob, Bob," he punches my arm.

"Ow! You goofball," I giggle and roll my eyes.  He pats my shoulder and we cuddle on the couch a bit longer until I feel okay.  Jp is off somewhere playing and Ethan is talking with Mark.  I can see the girl that Seán invited watching us, probably a little upset.  I think she said her name was Signe, she's really nice and pretty, at least she was when I talked to her.  She looks uncomfortable, poor Signe, "I think Signe is lonely."