29. Mark is insane

-two months later-

Everything was okay. Ethan moved into his new house, Wade and Molly's wedding is coming up, I have a better relationship with Ethan, Jp and I filmed some videos and everyone was happy. Except for me. Yesterday, my mom called. She said that there was a family reunion happening and that I was finally invited. After five years without my family and mom, you'd think she wouldn't even care to talk to me, let alone invite me to a reunion. I hate this feeling. The feeling of contact with her after years makes me sick to my stomach. I decided not to reply and just think it over.

Obviously, I told Mark and he said to just chill and we can talk about it later. He apparently also told Ethan that we would be coming over in an hour to hang out. Being the lazy person that I am, I threw on a sweatshirt along with leggings and put my wallet and phone in my sweatshirt pocket.

-

After Mark and I arrived at Ethan's apartment building, we entered the elevator that had a little girl in it. She looked so adorable in her little blue dress. I was kinda worried that she was lost so I asked her if she knew which floor she lived on. She just nodded and looked away from us, I guess that's normal. So the rest of the time we waited in silence for her to press a button, but she never did. Is she on floor 12 too?

When the elevator stopped the girl was motionless and it honestly made me a little scared. Maybe I've seen too many horror movies, but isn't this exactly what happens? The thought made me worried and I gripped onto Mark's arm. He just looked at me weirdly but shrugged. I quickly pulled Mark out of the elevator and started darting towards Ethan's door.

L1, L2, L3, L4, and L5. Finally, L6! I pounded on Ethan's door and my heart was not ready for what I saw.

Ethan. Without. A. Shirt.

He opened the door quickly and probably was unaware of how he looked, but I was definitely not. Even though I want to stand and observe him, my mission to survive from that creepy little girl is my first objective. With the fact that my death could be coming soon, I shoved past him and landed on his couch.

It may have been rude, but my life depended on it. Mark just told Ethan that I was being strange and apologized for me. Then Mark walked in the apartment and Ethan shut the door. I was looking down, regaining my breath from running and I felt the couch cushion next to me deflate. When I felt I had caught my breath I looked up and immediately lost the air I just gained.

Now a shirtless Ethan was sitting next to me with concerned eyes and he looked even more worried as I struggle to catch my breath. As expected Mark was probably finding this hilarious, meanwhile I was suffering and trying calm myself down. My heart was beating like crazy when he put his hand on my back and asked if I was okay. I'm definitely not okay.

"T-Totally," I manage to force out.

"You look really pale though," Ethan says looking at me with eyes that are still totally oblivious to his no-shirt situation.

"Hey buddy, you just gonna keep sitting around being shirtless?" Mark looks amused as he leans against the wall, eyeing up Ethan and I. Ethan's eyes widen as he realizes the obvious and runs into his bedroom blushing. Mark breaks out in laughter and slouches on the couch cushion that Ethan was just on.

"If you could've only seen your face," he started laughing even harder and I covered his mouth with his hand.

"Was it really that bad?" I question, blushing.

"Totally," he responds and I bury my face in my hands. Goddamnit. I sigh and try to slow down my heartbeat. Mark calms down too and sits back on the couch. "You know, you can tell me if you like him. It's even more pleasing to hear it come from your lips."

"Shut up, please," I whine and tuck my knees into my chest. Do I really like him? The question racks at my brain and I zone out. I bet I was just nervous. I doubt I like him, even though he is cute. Really cute and I-

"Y/n?" his voice breaks me out of my daze and I turn to him.

"H-Huh?" I place my legs down and straighten up.

"What's your favorite color?" I tilt my head at his question.

"(F/c)?" he just nods and then looks down.

"Speaking of Y/n-" Mark starts.

"What do you mean 'speaking of Y/n'? I'm right here you know?" he covers my mouth with his hand and continues. No one quiets me.

"Her mom invited her back home for a reunion and she still hasn't decided if she wants to go yet. I was hoping that if you-" I licked his hand and he immediately drew his hand back in disgust. "Ew, Y/n. The fuck, man. I think you need to go, but I need someone else's help to convince you."

"No one can convince me, I convince myself," I retort proudly and he just groans.

"This is exactly why I need Ethan's help."

"Why don't you want to go?" Ethan says softly.

"I haven't talked to my mom in 5 years and I wasn't planning on now. Especially because I left on bad terms with her. Now that I say it out loud though it doesn't seem as bad," I state calmly. Ethan nods and takes a deep breath.

"Honestly, as Mark said, I think it would be nice to go. You could get your family issues out of the way and you could maybe be more comfortable at home. In case you feel uncomfortable Mark could come too."

"Maybe you could come too, Ethan?" Mark smirks as he turns to Ethan.

"I-"

"I mean, with both of us there Y/n definitely wouldn't be nervous. Right, Y/n?" I meet eyes with him and see a devilish look in them.

"Well-"

"Sweet! Well Y/n can text you tomorrow about when we have to leave and everything. I guess we'll see you again in a week. Bye buddy," Mark gets up and bro hugs a confused Ethan, he then walks over to me and pulls me off the couch. I give him a what-do-you-think-you-are-doing look and he sends a wink back at me.

With Mark pulling me towards the door I meet eyes with Ethan for a brief moment and we both are equally worried about Mark's sanity. Before I have much of a chance to say a proper goodbye to Ethan, Mark is already opening the door. "Bye E!" I shout before Mark pulls us out of his apartment and shuts the door.

I turn to him and send a glare, "What was all that about?"

"I'm too tired with all this matchmaking, but you'll thank me later Y/n," he sighs and walks us to the elevator. Matchmaking? I end up shrugging off his comment out of uninterest.

"Now that you mention it, I'm a bit tired too," I say and willingly follow behind him.

"I just wanna sleep so let's hurry up."

-good night-

I had snow days this entire week which really helped me wrap things up, so that's nice.  And I'm really gonna try to write more because this chapter was really fun to write.  I hope you liked it. 

Love is in the air between you and Ethan~

Anyway... Love you guys,

Hobi