Ch.23: Christmas

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!! I love Christmas! My absolute favorite holiday. We're spending the day at Emily and Sam's. Everyone got here early so we could open presents. It's always been a tradition. Last night everyone came over to eat Christmas dinner and let me just say, it rocked! Emily is the best cook in the entire world!!! Gosh! So, everyone is sitting in the living room waiting for Quil because he is running late as usual. I invited Spencer and Kayleigh to come over and they were more than happy to come. They know about the wolves because I didn't think we could keep it from them. Kayleigh being an imprint and all. And Spencer's like her brother so he'd probably figure it out sooner or later. Just then Quil pops through the door.

Quil- "I'M HERE!!!"
Leah- "It's about time!"
Emily- "Okay, now that everyone is here, Let's get started!" She says clapping her hands.

We have a special way of doing presents. Since there are so many people and presents we have system. Everyone sits in a huge circle in the living room. In the middle of the circle is the giant pile of presents. One by one we walk to the circle and grab a present. We read off who it's to ad from and hand it off. It may take longer but it's a lot of fun. After that all the imprints and imprintees give each other their presents. We started that this year because the only one with an imprint was Sam.No we've got Jake and Paul. I think it's cute.

Later we finished all the presents except for the imprints. I got lots of cool and strange gifts. I go a charm bracelet from Sam and Emily, some paints from Seth, gift cards from Paul, a new camera from Embry, some bath stuff from Spence, a new swimsuit from Kayleigh, and a strange little monkey with symbols or something from Quil. Oh, Quil. Now it's time for Jake to give me his. Sam got Emily a new pair of earrings that are absolutely beautiful and Paul got Kayleigh a gorgeous necklace. Jake said he had to go get my present from outside. So I took my chance to go upstairs. I kept the puppy up there so I could come get him later. I walk into the room and pick him up with his little collar on and walk back downstairs. Just as I walk off the last step Jake walks in the door. A huge smile appears on my face when I see what's in his hands. It's another puppy!
Everyone starts laughing as me and Jake walk toward each other.

Jacob- "That's a nice choice you made there, Lex." He says with a big cheeky grin on his face.
Lexi- "I'd have to say the same for you."
We trade dogs an I notice a small box attached to the red bow on the puppy.
Lexi- "What's this?" I say taking the box off the bow. I open the box and see a beautiful necklace. It looks like a tiny tree stump with the initials J+L inside of a heart carved into it.
Lexi- "Oh, Jake. It's beautiful."
Jacob- "Just like you." He says kissing my cheek. Everyone awes.
Lexi- "Does she have a name?" I say looking towards the puppy Jake gave me.
Jacob- "Rain."
Lexi- "Well that name, I think, is perfect." I say smiling.
Jacob- "What about this fella? Does he have a name?"
Lexi- "Nope. I wanted you to decide."
Jacob- "I'll name him... Bat dog!"
Lexi- "Huh?"
Jacob- "Bat dog! His nickname will be Batty." He says cheekily.
Everyone just laughs. Since we finished all the presents, it's time to eat! Emily made a huge breakfast and it looks amazing! Everyone serves themselves then dig in.
Once everyone is done we just hang and watch TV. We watch a bunch of Christmas movies and just chat most of the day. Then we'll have a big bonfire at night.
We all go out to the beach to get ready for the bonfire. Some of the guys go into the woods that are near the beach to get some wood for the fire. Once they got back they piled all the wood in a cone-like shape so it would be ready for the bonfire. It's not dark enough right now to start so we all decide to kick the ball around for a while. The ball came towards me so I kicked it and it when straight for Paul's face. Everyone burst into fits of laughter. Soon the sun started going down so we all relaxed and started the fire. I sat next to Jake and nuzzled into his warm shoulder. We just sat there silently as we watched the sun go down. It soon be came very cold but the fire was starting grow so that would help warm us. I nuzzled closer into Jake's warm embrace. I like it like this. Everyone together. Family, friends. Although I do love the silence it must come to an end. And so, Billy begins with one of his amazing stories that I've heard ten thousand times but I could never get enough of.