The Hospital

CHAPTER THREE

*Liam's P.O.V*

For some reason, I never expected Harry to start dating his best friend. She's gorgeous, of course, but I never expected that. I think it surprised all of us. Well, it doesn't matter. They're adorable together and Harry is happy. That's amazing. But it's crazy.. Sophie really resembles me in some ways, except feminine. But that's crazy. It's not like we're related. It's probably just me. 

*Sophie's P.O.V*

I wake up the next morning to silence in the apartment, Harry and Louis gone. I sit up, but quickly have to lie back down due to a crazy headache. I let out a small moan and put my hand on my head. I attempt sitting up again, slower this time. I let out a deep breath and slowly stand and head down the stairs. I trudge into the kitchen to see a small note on the table. I go over to it and read it.

Soph,

Sorry Lou and I left. I would have stayed with you, I don't like the idea of you alone in our apartment in the middle of London, but Simon called with some urgent problem at SYCO. We had to rush out. We'll be back around 4:30. There is food in the oven so it stays hot. Text me if you need ANYTHING. I miss you like crazy babe. Love you xx -Harry

I frown, looking at the microwave clock. I can see that it's only just 9:30. I feel a little sick, so I make myself a cup of tea, sickened by the idea of food and curl under a blanket on the huge couch in the living room. I turn on the large TV to some stupid cartoons. I don't bother changing it. I sigh, taking another sip of tea, praying that my stomach ache will go away. 

After a few hours, my stomach ache gets nearly unbearable. I groan as I get up, holding my stomach tightly. I decide I'll go to the hospital. Better safe than sorry... 

Once I get to the hospital, I head to a front desk. 'Hello, can I help you, dear?' asks the nurse in a sweet voice. She's probably in her mid-50s, with light hair and a round body. 'Yes, I- I- I have a terrible s-stomach ache. It really-' I let out a loud moan again, holding onto my stomach. The nurse looks at me in alarm. 'Oh my! I'll just...' she trails off as she grabs a wheelchair and gently seats me in it, rolling me down a hallway. 'We are going to have to do some tests. Do you want to call anyone?' she asks. 'Harry...' I murmur, still in pain. 'O-one Direction. Harry Styles. L-Liam Payne. Za-za-zayn Malik.. N-Niall.. Niall Horan. A-and L-L-Louis T-tomlinson.' I stutter, gritting my teeth against the pain. The nurse nods. 'We'll try and get in touch with them.' I try to take a deep breath, but it's jagged. 'H-Harry..' I whisper as the world in front of me goes black. 

*HARRY'S P.O.V*

Simon continues to drone on and on about crap and I sigh, secretly checking my phone. No texts. I put it back in my pocket and it starts buzzing with a call. I pull it out and recognize the hospital's number. I gasp, standing up. 'Harry-' says Liam. 'It's the hospital.' I choke. Louis jumps up. 'Answer it, lad.' He exclaims. I nod, gulping. 'Hello?' I ask nervously, holding the phone tightly to my ear. 'Is this Harry Styles?' asks a sweet voice on the other end. 'Yes.' I reply. 'Mr. Styles, a girl named-' the woman pauses, obviously consulting some kind of list or something. 'Sophie Laskoski. Is here at the moment. She had a severe stomach pain and fainted about twenty minutes ago. She's safely in a room now and the doctor is doing some tests, but just before she fainted she asked that I called you, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson. Is that correct?' she finishes. I let out a huge breath that I didn't notice I was holding. 'Yes.' I manage. 'She asked that you come to the hospital. All five of you.' she says. 'Of course.' I reply, trying to keep a steady, strong tone. 'Right away.' I hang up and look at the boys, tears now streaming down my face. 'It's Sophie.' I whisper. I hear gasps from Niall and Zayn. 'No...' Liam whispers, looking at the ground. He seems to have some sort of bond with her. Not in a romantic way, but like family, so I understand why he's sad. 'Oh, Harry.' Louis murmurs. 'We have to go to the hospital and see her.' says Niall. 'Boys, your work here isn't finished-' starts Simon. 'NOW!' barks Niall and we all run out of the office. We scramble into Louis' car and he zooms to the hospital, trying his best to keep to the speed limit. We speed into the parking lot and park near the emergency room, and I try to think about what could have caused her stomach ache. We took her to a fancy restaurant after the interview yesterday. Has she ever been allergic to anything? Bananas... but she didn't eat those yesterday. Maybe it was something she didn't know about? I guess we'll find out when we get inside. I take a deep breath, wiping furiously at my tears again. Louis pats my shoulder and we get out of the car. 'It's okay.' Zayn says. I glance at Liam who is also crying. I walk beside him as we go inside. Louis leads us to the front desk. 'Hello,' he says to the nurse at the desk. 'I'm Louis Tomlinson. We're here to see Sophie Laskoski.' The nurse nods in understanding. 'She's still having tests done. It'll take another ten minutes. Sit there and I'll call you boys over when you can see her.' Louis nods and we go and sit together at the small waiting area. 'Oh. Em. Gee.' I hear. 'One Direction?' I roll my eyes behind my tears and all of us look up to see a teenaged girl. 'Oh em gee you guys are so hawt. Oh em gee.' Liam lets out an impatient breath. 'I'm sorry, this isn't a good time...' he starts but she interrupts him. 'OH EM GEE COULD I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPHS? I love you, Harry Styles!' she cries. 'This really isn't a good time...' Liam says, but we all sigh and sign her small piece of paper. She continues to fangirl as we walk away and I roll my eyes again as Niall slumps into his seat. Liam has his face in his hands. We sit silently for a little while until the nurse grants us permission to see Sophie. 

*LIAM'S P.O.V*

Once the nurse tells us we can go see Sophie, Harry jumps up and runs to the room she points to. I follow closely behind him. Once we get to the door, the nurse shushes us harshly and we all move quietly into the room. I look to the bed to see a pale, nearly lifeless Sophie lying motionless on the bed. Harry lets out a strangled sob when he sees her and goes to her bed, gripping her hand in his. He holds their hands to his forehead, his body wracking with sobs. 'No, no, no.' he whispers in a soft, sad voice. I feel a sad pang in my chest. Poor Harry. This must be so terrible. But I'm extremely sad too. I run my fingers through my hair nervously as the boys and I stand there silently, watching Harry. After a few minutes he stops crying and just sits there, stroking her hair and whispering to her. Eventually a doctor comes in. 'Who's mainly responsible for Sophie?' asks the doctor. Harry nearly speaks up, but I do before he can. 'Me.' I say, knowing that Harry isn't in control of his emotions. He'll thank me later. The doctor nods. 'Follow me.' he says firmly. I nod again and follow him into a small white office, smelling of antiseptic. I try to breathe discreetly through my mouth. I hate the smell of antiseptic. I take a seat silently in front of the doctor's desk. 'So Ms. Laskoski had a severe allergic reaction. After doing some tests, we found out that the food was zucchini. Did you boys feed her any zucchinis?' I think for a moment. We took her to a restaurant yesterday... 'Shit.' I murmur. She had zucchini with the tempura we ordered. 'Shit, shit, shit.' I say again. 'I take it she had zucchini?' asks the doctor. 'Yes.' I sigh. 'We went to a restaurant yesterday and had tempura which had zucchini in it.' I explain. The doctor nods. 'It was a severe reaction.' he tells me. 'She's never had it before.' I explain. The doctor nods again. 'Well, she's in a coma now.' he tells me. 'What?!' I sputter. 'For how long?' the doctor sighs. 'Could be minutes, hours, days, weeks, months. Years. I don't know. It isn't too deep of a coma so we are going to try to pull her out of it tomorrow.' He tells me. I nod, gulping. 'Mr. Payne, there's something I need to tell you.' He says. 'Yes?' I ask. What now? 'Well... you and Sophie are siblings.' he says. 'What?!' I ask, not sure if he's serious, but if he is... I'm not surprised. The doctor nods solemnly. 'Your mother was pregnant with you AND Sophie together as fraternal twins, we later found out. She had you but the two of you had an extremely rare disease and you came out but Sophie didn't for another two weeks. You wouldn't remember, I guess. She stayed in the hospital until finally going back into labor. Eventually we had to do a C Section.' He explains. 'How-' I start. 'I delivered the both of you.' The doctor says. 'But your mother just- couldn't have Sophie. You came out first so she decided she'd keep you. Your family wasn't the wealthiest then and she couldn't support two more children after Ruth and Nicola. She was adopted by the Laskoski family, never knowing you two were related. She still doesn't.' he says. I nod, still not really understanding. 'So Sophie is my younger sister.' I say slowly. The doctor nods. 'Yes. That is correct.' I let out a deep breath. 'That's why... she looks a little like me. And I feel so protective over her. I can't believe Mum and Dad never said anything..' The doctor swallows, obviously not having anything else to say. 'Anyway.' He clears his throat. 'Maybe you should go explain to the boys?' I nod, standing. I walk slowly back to the room and walk in to see the boys all sitting on the floor together, huddled. I look at Sophie and my heart swells. That's my little sister. My baby. I am never letting her go. Never. 

A/N: IF YOU LIKE MY STORY SO FAR, VOTE AND COMMENT BELOW.! Also, I'd love to take suggestions in the comments! Thanks! xx :)