Working It Out

one month later

I was finally allowed to go home from the hospital after a couple days with the kids. I'm trying my best to forgive Harry and he keeps insisting he didn't mess around with her. 

I set down the kids in their shared room and shut the door softly, walking back downstairs. 

"I didn't do it.." Harry repeats. 

"You know what Harry I don't want to hear it." I say firmly. "I know damn well you did."

"I didn't!" he protests. 

"Oh suuure!" I say.

"Why can't you just believe me damnit! I love you!" 

"Okkkaayy that's enough!" interrupts Liam, pulling Harry back. "Why don't you go stay somewhere else for a bit lad."

"These kids need their dad!" he cries. 

"Not right now they don't!" I yell, shoving him out the door and slamming it. "God damn him." I murmur, sliding down the door until I'm sitting. 

Liam slides down beside me and kisses my cheek. 

"Babe, it's gonna be okay." he says. I shake my head. 

"He's right. Sam and Darcy need their dad." I say, barely audible. 

"Babe don't rush anything okay? Just give it a bit of time, love."

I stand back up, restless. 

"The boys and I have to run to an interview but Zayn is staying."

"Liam!" I protest. "You remember what happened last time!"

"You'll be okay." he chuckles, tilting my head up and kissing my forehead. "Love you," he calls as they walk out the door. 

I sigh and go into the living room where Zayn is sitting emotionlessly on the couch, flipping through TV channels. 

"Heyyy." I say awkwardly.

He looks up. "How are you?" he asks earnestly. I give him a tight smile. 

"I'm okay, thanks." I reply, sitting beside him. "Whatcha watching?" 

"There's no good shit on TV anymore." he chuckles. 

I giggle, earning a small smile from him. 

"So you and Harry?" he asks awkwardly. My smile disappears. 

"I don't know." I reply flatly. "I don't know."

"I'm here. Always." he says, barely audible. 

"I know." I reply hoarsely. Zayn leaves the TV on the MTV music countdown. 'My Immortal' by Evanescence. "I love this song." I murmur, looking at the screen. 

"Me too," says Zayn quietly.  

I sit on the love seat, missing Harry more than anything. I'm practically craving his touch, his kiss... he's right. The kids need him, and our wedding is in two days. 

"I tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone. But though you're still with me, I've been alone all along."

The music blasts through the speakers and I stand up abruptly, running upstairs to change quickly. I put on a gray, three-quarter sleeved shirt that says JACK WILLS in darker gray on the front with a tight pair of jeans, slipping on my gray Toms. 

"Where're you going?" asks Zayn.

"I have to find Harry," I say. "Watch the kids." I add as I disappear out the door. 

I pull out my phone as I walk, hoping and praying that Harry will answer. 

"Hullo?" comes his familiar British accent, and I feel that same overwhelming rush of love I felt when we stood together in that barn.

"Harry-" I choke, not sure what to say. 

"Sophie!" he says immediately. "Babe I swear I didn't cheat on you."

"I know." I say firmly. "I know."

"I love you," he says hoarsely. 

"Where are you?" I ask him. 

"Holmes Chapel," he replies quietly. I wince. 

"Really? You're going to make me drive to come find you back in Cheshire?" I laugh. 

"No." he says quickly. "I'll drive back. How are Darcy and Sam?" 

"They're fine, sleeping I guess."

"You guess?" 

"Yeah, well I left them with Zayn so I could find you."

Harry chuckles softly. "Okay, babe. I'll see you soon." 

"Bye Haz."

"I love you," he adds. 

"I love you too," I whisper before hanging up. 

After a few hours, I'm back in the apartment, trying to get Darcy to stop crying. Sam is sleeping like the dead and he is apparently a very deep sleeper. All the boys are gone for an interview or something like that, so I'm home alone.

Harry unlocks the door and walks in.

"Harry." I say breathlessly, rocking Darcy gently in my arms. 

"Babe what's going on?" he asks, coming into the living room and taking a look at me. I must've looked hopeless, with her blankie thrown over my shoulder and my hair in a messy ponytail. 

"I can't get her to sleep!" I cry. 

"Here, gimme," he says softly, taking the baby gently from my arms. He rocks her, whispering to her gently and after only five seconds she stops crying. 

I slump onto the couch. 

"How did you DO that?" I groan. 

He chuckles quietly. "I'll put them to bed." he says, picking up Sam as well and carrying them upstairs. 

Harry comes back downstairs a few minutes later in just sweatpants and a tight blue t-shirt. I've already changed into a white t-shirt and black yoga pants.

He sits beside me on the couch, slipping his arm around my waist and kissing my cheek just as the boys walk in. 

"Hey, strangers!" calls Niall rather loudly. 

"Shhh!" I cry. 

"We brought food," he whispers. I laugh. 

"I'm not hung-" I start, but my stomach interrupts me by growling extremely loudly. Harry smirks at me.  

"LIAAAAAAR!" screams Louis. 

"Louis!" I hiss. "Shut up!" 

"Sorryyyy," he whispers loudly. I roll my eyes, trying to suppress a smile. 

"Where's the food I want some." I say. Niall laughs and produces a takeout bag of food. 

After we eat, we watch TV until two AM. I'm super tired but refuse to fall asleep in front of these boys. I know them, and they're prank ideas. 

They probably won't do anything to me but still. 

"Tired?" Harry asks me. I lean against his shoulder. 

"Nope," I reply with a yawn. He chuckles and pulls me onto his lap. I curl up and bury my face in his shoulder. He kisses my head. "Bed timeeee." I murmur tiredly. 

"I'm taking Sleeping Beauty upstairs," Harry informs the boys, picking me up.

He carries me upstairs to our room and lies me on the bed. I pull the covers over me, yawning once again. Haz climbs in beside me after admiring the kids in their crib. 

"I love you," I mumble against him. 

He kisses my head. "I love you more, baby girl." he replies quietly.