This Is My Fiance! :)

a/n: okay, maybe I made the title a little obvious but whatever :P this was bound to happen eventually. hahahha hope you enjoy it! cheers xx

*three months later*

Harry's P.O.V

'Can I help you, sir?' asks a man from behind the counter as I peer down at the shiny display of diamond engagement rings. 

'Yes, actually.' I reply. 

'Proposal?' he asks knowingly. I nod, a small smile growing on my face at the thought of Sophie. 'Well,' says the salesman. 'Do you know what kind of ring she'd like?' 

'Well. She likes vintage stuff.' I say. The salesman nods. 

'We just got in a lovely new vintage ring from the 1940s.' he says, reaching behind the counter and pulling out a slightly scuffed violet velvet ring box. He gently pops the box open and I breathe in sharply. The ring has a tiny diamond-studded flower petal-like base with a gorgeous diamond right in the middle. It's got a simple silver band and it's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. 

'Perfect.' I breathe. I pay for the ring and shake hands with the salesman, heading out the back door and into my car. I sit in the front seat and call Louis. He answers after two rings. 

'Hey.' he says. 'What's going on?' 

'I'm gonna propose to Sophie.' I say quickly.

'WHAT?!' screams Louis and I hold the phone away from my ear and then bring it back. 'Lad, you really think that's a good idea?' Louis asks. I bite my lip. 

'Yes.' I say firmly. 

'Haz.. you're eighteen. You're positive?' 

'We probably won't be twenty until we're married anyway. Yes, I am.' I repeat, frustrated. 

'Okay,' Louis replies, his tone brightening. 

'Lou?' I say. 

'Mhhm?'

'Would you be the best man?' 

'Absolutely! Yes!' cries Louis. I laugh. 

'Awesome.' I say. 'Uh, but I dunno how to propose... where, how, when.' 

'Well, just treat it... kind of casually, but not too much... I mean, it's a big deal, but don't make it too big of a deal.' I nod as he tries to explain, imagining what I could do. 

'I know.' I say, interrupting him as an idea hits me. 'I'll propose right where we first met.' 

'Ahh, perfect.' says Louis, and I can almost hear his smile. 

'Alright.' I say.

We hang up and I smile, reminiscing the day I truly talked to Sophie. We've known each other since we were born and our moms always put us together when they were hanging out, but we never really talked to each other and became friends.

Our mums walked us to the kindergarten building together and I told Sophie she looked pretty. She was wearing a little red and white checkered dress with mary-janes and frilly socks. Her hair was in pigtails with tiny red bows. 

'You look pwetty.' I said in my little five year old voice. Two small pink circles appeared on her cheeks and she smiled and looked at the ground. 

'You look vewwy nice too.' she replied, looking back up and admiring my jeans and blue button down shirt. 'Bwue is my favorite color.' I felt my face flame as well and our mums bid us goodbye. We walked into kindergarten, hand in hand, and from that day on we were inseperable. I fell in love with her that day. 

I decide I'll do it tomorrow. 

*the next day*

Today Sophie and I drove from London early back to Holmes Chapel and have been spending the day here. We went to the bakery we worked at for years together before I was famous and then we went on a walk around the place, visited our families for a bit. It's already four o'clock and it's time. I take a deep breath. 

'Hey, Soph. I uh wanna take you somewhere.' 

'Where?' she asks eagerly. 

'Just come with me.' I smile cheekily and grab her hand. She follows me down the street. Today she wore a pair of light wash denim shorts and a button-down red and white checkered (ironic) shirt with a tie on the bottom. Her hair is up in a messy bun but she still manages to look gorgeous. We make it to the kindergarten building and Sophie looks at it, laughing incredulously. 

'Good god. I haven't been here since sixth grade grad.' she laughs. 

'Me neither.' I say, laughing as well. 'But, I, uh, have a question for you..' 

Sophie drags me into the small playground in front of the building. She sits on the bottom of the slide and I stand in front of her. She looks up at me questioningly. 

'Soph.' I say. 

'Yeah?' she asks. 

'Well, I was thinking... since we both love each other, and we've got little Sam and Darcy on the way..' I pause, putting my hands on her large belly. 'so. I think it might be time...' I take another deep breath, getting down on one knee and pulling the scuffed velvet box from my pocket. Sophie gasps at the sight of it and I pop open the box. 

'Harry..' she whispers. 

'I love you.' I continue. 'Sophie, will you marry me?' she bites her lip. 

'No.' she replies, and I feel like I've been punched in the gut. Suddenly she breaks out into a grin. 'I'm just kidding, Haz! Of course! I love you too!' 

I breathe a sigh of relief and smile.

She holds out her hand and I slide the vintage ring onto her finger. She admires it for a few minutes. 

'It's beautiful, Harry.' Sophie whispers. 

'I want to spend the rest of my life with you.' I whisper, my voice barely audible. I hear her breathing hitch. 

'Me too.' she says softly. 

'Forever.' I say, taking her hands in mine. She nods, a tear falling down her cheek. 

'Forever.'