Chapter 8

Harry's POV

"I love you, Sunshine."

I knew he meant it in a friendly way but I took it as so much more. Knowing that it was supposed to be friendly and that we couldn't be anything else, I pushed those thoughts from my head.

"I love you too, Lou Lou. You're one of my best mates." He seemed to stiffen at the word 'mate' but I didn't know why.

"You're a wonderful mate, Hazzabear" When he said that it sounded like he meant something different but I couldn't figure out what. I always loved our little array of nicknames for each other, the nicknames and pet names he called me by made me smile, blush and just feel so loved.

Noticing the stars above us, I tilted my head up to get a better look at the gorgeous sky, "Woah, look at how beautiful the stars are tonight."

Louis then replied with such a loving voice, "So beautiful, not just tonight, every night." I guessed he was very much into astronomy or something.

I couldn't see his face but I just assumed he was looking up at the stars with me, "Well not every night, sometimes you cant see them, like when they just aren't there."

His next sentence just seemed full of sadness, "I hate when the beauty isn't here, its like my happiness majority of the time." He was confusing me very much tonight.

I laid down on the edge of my ledge, the edge closest to his ledge, then he copied but at the end by his window.

I turned my head to look at him, "I thought I was your only happiness?" I joked with my bottom lip jutted out, then I wiped a fake tear from my cheek.

We both laughed a bit and once we stopped laughing I swore I heard him whisper, "You are."

We talked for hours, still laying down and watching the stars, looking at each other every now and then.

It was about 1:30am when we were laughing about some lame jokes I found on google, Louis leaned slightly towards me while he was laughing but because of the slanted ledge he was laying on he ended up accidentally rolling down the ledge.

Before he could reach the small gap between the two ledges, I quickly placed one hand on his hip and another on his shoulder to stop his rolling.

"You okay?" I asked with a smile and slight laugh.

"Yeah, I'm good." He laughed out too, my hands were still placed on him to keep him still. Louis looked down at my hand on his hip and I followed his gaze before taking my hands off of him.

"Sorry," I looked down and fidgeted with my fingers, "I just didn't want you to fall."

"Don't worry, Haz. Thank you for not letting me fall." He shuffled over and then climbed over me to lay beside me on my ledge, "Oops!" He said when he stumbled and landed on me.

"Hi" I laughed at him, then he rolled off of me to the spot next to me. "Hello!" He smiled brightly and crinkles formed by his eyes, "You've got goosebumps, are you cold? Or is it just that it sends chills through your body when I'm this close to you?"

He joked and nudged my side, winking. It actually was kinda both so that's what I said. Without thinking. "Both." Louis simply looked at me, ignoring the fact that I meant it was also because he was close to me. "It is a bit colder tonight than usual, isn't it?"

I honestly did not care at all if we were just friends when I did my next action. I scooted a little closer to him and placed my head on his chest, along with one hand, in response to my actions Louis stiffened and hesitated but eventually brought his arm up to wrap around me, resting his hand on my upper arm.

He rubbed my arm to warm me up and then placed his other hand on my head, running it through my hair and playing with it too.

It felt so nice to just be in his arms, he always made me feel loved. Even though I knew I wasn't, not by him at least.

I loved the feeling so much, I relaxed and closed my eyes for a little bit. I was almost asleep and the last thing I heard was Louis saying something that shocked me but not enough to open my eyes. Louis probably thought I was already sleeping because what he said was something that I believe I wasn't supposed to hear.

"I wish you'd remember last night, it was so nice." He kissed my forehead and I drifted off to sleep.

----

Louis' POV

I mumbled a little when I thought he was asleep and then not long after I fell asleep as well, dreaming of the moments we had just previously shared. I felt so much better when I said what was on my mind, when he was talking about the stars I kept my gaze on him and spoke what I felt with him, then I had also called him my mate.

It's true, I knew it already. Harry was my mate. I had found out the first time I saw him and spoke to him, his family had just moved in next door and we ran off to climb trees in the forest. When his family arrived at the house my nose found an addicting scent that I loved and could never get enough of. The scent turned out to be him and when I realised that I invited him to the forest with me, we had so much fun but both got in trouble by our parents, after that we agreed to meet in secret. The more time I spent with him the more I wanted him, I simply couldnt stay away. He was my mate.

I had to tell him I went camping very often so he wouldn't get suspicious when I disappeared during my ruts. His friend believed in werewolves and he supported him so Harry would go with Niall to the forest on full moons to 'look for werewolves', he had told me about it and I knew it was risky but I didn't try to make them stop. If I did he would know something was up.

Apparently they've even heard a couple howls and they'd usually hear growls too. This obviously made me worry that they would reach pack house but if Harry saw me then maybe he would direct Niall somewhere else. Maybe... hopefully?