Chapter 21

>A diamond circle pendant symbolizes eternity, which means there is no end. A diamond circle pendant can be worn to symbolize eternal love. Just as you cannot find the beginning and ending of the circle in a pendant, similarly love has no beginning or end.<

Louis' POV

Sat on the bed, running the chain of a necklace through my fingers, I thought about how much I hated the dinner with my parents and Eleanor and just how much I disliked El in general. I had gone out to the shops after she left to get this necklace with a certain pendant, with meaning behind it, to give to someone special.

I was pulled from my thoughts when a knock could be heard at my window where the silhouette of a brown curly mop of hair could be seen just outside. I placed the necklace on my bedside table and rushed out to sit with him because I knew I had some explaining to do, we both sat on my ledge looking straight ahead and not saying a word for a while.

Harry was first to speak up, I expected him to ask about my behavior or to ask about El but he didn't, "So... are you still coming on Friday?"

He looked at me with worried eyes and sad pouted lips that were parted slightly, he looked very adorable and innocent, "I'd love to, Sunshine." I gave a small half smile, my lips pressed tightly together.

He smiled wide and seemed to just brighten up when I called his by his nickname, "'Sunshine'? So you don't completely hate me??" He asked, full of hope and a bit of excitement.

That one question filled me with guilt and sympathy, "Hazza. You deserve explanations, this mor-" it was then I noticed a small cut on the side of his head with dried blood dripped down from it, "You've got a cut, follow me."

We entered my house and I took him into my bathroom, grabbing a rag on the way, "How did this happen?" I wet the rag and gestured for him to sit on the counter for me to clean his cut.

"I can do it myself, Niall made me hate when people do that," He already knew my question so he went ahead and answered it for me, "In the fan fictions he reads he gets annoyed at when one person is hurt and their love interest cleans the wound, they can do it themselves, its so unnecessary and cringey. He always complained to me when that happens so now that annoys me too, just like, why can't they do it themselves?"

I handed Harry the wet rag and he cleaned it up, the weather was cold outside so I suggested we just sat inside. He agreed and we got comfy in my bed, I was so tempted to snuggle up with him but I left it because of the day's previous events.

"So how did you cut your head?" He gave me a look and mumbled out that I already knew. I told him I didn't  and he sighed, then spoke.

"It was Eleanor, she pushed me into your car and I don't know exactly what it was but something on the car gave me a cut I guess?" He wouldn't even look at me while he said that and I knew exactly why; I acted like I didn't care that he was being bullied when realistically it took every fiber in my body to not kill her when she laid her filthy claws on my boy and said all that horrible stuff to him.

I hugged him close to my body, he had to know how much I cared about him, "I didn't know you were hurt when she did that and I am so sorry, Haz." I released him from my grip and spoke again, "You definitely deserve an explanation though..."

He gave a small nod and snuggled up to the pillow, facing me with the same saddened expression, "My parents have started trying to make me be more like a boyfriend to her in order to form some sort of relationship with her before this 'wedding'. They made me pick her up from school and bring her home for dinner with my family and I had to defend her and not be rude to her at all. Therefore I wasn't allowed to defend you when she was saying all that bull about you, I hated having to witness her doing that to you but if I don't follow my dad's orders I don't know what will happen and I don't want to risk losing you like that."

"But, Lou. You're getting married eventually -to a girl who hates my guts- clearly we're gonna lose each other someday. You really think she'd even consider allowing you to keep talking to me and being nice to me??" It was clear he knew the answer, she would only let me talk to him if it was to bully him like she did.

I sighed and rolled over to grab something from my bedside table, then turned around and sat up more, presenting Harry with the necklace.

"This is a diamond circle pendant, you can't find a beginning or end just like in love; there is no beginning or end. The pendant symbolizes love and eternity, I got it for you and I want you to never take it off. To show that even when I can't be there you'll know I'll always love you, and that is one thing Eleanor can not take away from us." He smiled so widely and hugged me, gently taking the necklace and then turning around, hopping off the bed and searching around my room before grabbing some random cardboard on the floor and the scissors in my draw.

Harry returned and began cutting something out, he hid it with his hands when he was finished and put the scissors and excess cardboard aside, "I don't have much money or anything expensive and meaningful like you but you should know that you will always have my heart, and you're the only person that ever will."

He placed in my hands a cardboard heart sloppily cut out, all I could think about was how much I loved this adorable, cheesy dork. He had literally given me a cardboard heart and told me I would always have his heart, what a dork.

I grinned at him and went to hug him before he snatched the heart back and scribbled on it with a pen that I had no idea where he got it from. When he returned it the heart had messy writing that said 'I love u, Louis -Your Sunshine' my eyes teared up and I hugged him lovingly.

"Thank you, Sunshine. I love you too." And he suddenly did something I hadn't expected and leaned forward to kiss me, I assumed it was the usual peck but when our lips met he deepened it, being almost... dominant. Almost.

I pulled back and made sure of something that I'd hate for him to misunderstand, "You don't have to do this just because I said I love you, I don't want you to think I'm forcing you into something you're uncomfortable with."

"Well it's a good thing I love doing this with you then, isn't it?" He smirked a little and laid me down on my back, "Just like how much I loved that first night you came out with Niall and I."

I looked at him both shocked and confused, I thought he didn't remember that?

"Been remembering small parts of it and every single memory had the same amazing feeling in it, a feeling I miss." He climbed on top of me to straddle me and began kissing me again, slipping his tongue into my mouth partially.

I, yet again, pulled back but this time to flip us over, "Fine by me, just one rule. I'm the one with the dominance." He smiled and nodded his head in agreement.