Chapter 34

Harry's POV

I was stood in front of the full body mirror in just a pair of sweatpants staring at my baby bump, I was now 36 weeks pregnant and I looked like a blimp.

This was why Louis and I got married that quickly after the proposal, because I didn't want everyone to think Lou was marrying bigweld from the movie 'Robots'. I wanted to look normal.

Louis was asleep on the bed behind me, after the marriage we moved into the cabin we had stayed in before, with parents consent of course. I placed my hands on the big belly I had been carrying for much too long now, I was so ready to get this baby out. I wasn't even worried about the procedure, they could do as much slicing and dicing as they wanted as long as it meant the baby was out of me once and for all.

I heard a groan from behind me and saw Louis waking in the mirror, he noticed i wasn't in bed and he dragged himself out of bed and over to me. He knew how much more emotional I was lately and he'd learnt to tell when something was wrong so he knew I was upset about something.

He wrapped his arms around my from behind, resting them on my belly. "What's wrong, baby?" I pushed his hands off my bump and turned around to cry into his shoulder.

He tried to calm me down whispering 'shh' over and over while soothingly rubbing my back. It worked for a bit until one of his hands found its way to my front and he was rubbing circles onto my stomach. His hand touching it reminded me how big I was, why would he want to be with me if I looked like this? Plenty of skinny people liked him and would be happy to be with him. There are heaps of people in the world who look good even when pregnant. I, however, was not one of them. When I roughly shoved his hand of my stomach for a second time in one minute he had figured out that was the cause of my mood.

"Why am I not allowed to touch your belly? Are you having second thoughts about our son?" We had learned earlier in the pregnancy that we were having a boy and the both of us couldn't be happier, we'd be happy either way.

I shook my head and he told me just to say something, my lack of speech was worrying him. So I blurted out the first thing on my mind, "Why are you still with me if I look like this?"

His expression softened into that of sympathy as he rushed to pull me into a comforting hug, "Sunshine, you know I love you no matter what and I'm so happy that you're carrying my- our- baby. You've been handling everything so well and I couldn't be more proud of you, so glad to call you my husband and my mate."

I turned back to the mirror, still not understanding what possible reason he had for staying with a gigantic, ugly, pregnant boy instead of going for some skinny, perfect, beautiful girl or boy. "But there are so many better people out there. And you're still putting up with me."

"Haz, stop, just listen," he tried to get me to listen but I was squirming and trying to walk away. He got a hold of my hands and held them tightly as he spoke, looking into my eyes with his own glossy ones.

"Baby, you're perfect."

I smiled at the simple sentence, his eyes held so much truth. He honestly though I was perfect, little old me; perfect! I pulled him in and crashed my lips onto his.