eight

The room was bright. The beeping of monitors and machines remained consistent. A girl with long brown hair laid in the middle of the room, her skin glowing. I walked closer to her and realized who it was.

"Marissa." I sighed.

She didn't move. I reached out to touch her. Before I could, the monitors and machines started blaring a singular sound. It remained constant. Tears filled my eyes as I reached out for her. I screamed for her. An invisible force pulled me away from her. I kept screaming and struggling against the force.

*
I bolted upright, beads of perspiration covering my face. I was breathing heavily and my heart was racing. My eyes were filled with tears. I felt a few tears fall onto my cheeks. I took a shaky deep breath and looked up at the clock. It was three in the morning. I sighed and brought my knees to my chest. My whole body trembled. I kept seeing Marissa laying dead. I couldn't get it out of my head. I closed my eyes but it didn't help. I opened my eyes and pushed the blankets back. A tear ran down my cheek as I saw a flash of her again. I couldn't handle this by myself. I climbed out of bed and walked over to the bedroom door. I quietly opened and I and walked down to Namjoon's room. The door was cracked open. I peaked in and saw Namjoon passed out on the bed.  Quietly, I walked into the room and climbed into the bed. I snuggled up next to him and wiped another tear away. His presence comforted me.

"What's wrong love?" Namjoon whispered, only half awake.

"It's just a nightmare." I muttered.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. I could feel myself slowly getting calmer. My heart rate was slowing down to a normal rate, my breathing was returning to normal and my tears were drying. I slowly felt myself falling asleep again. I let my eyes close.

Then there was darkness...

Namjoon POV
I woke up to the sound of banging. It was coming from downstairs. I felt a weight on my torso. I looked down to see Emma laying her head on my chest and one arm gently wrapped around my stomach. I smiled. I admired her beauty. She would always say she was ugly and point out small "flaws". I could not find one flaw on her beautiful face.

I wanted to move but I did not want to wake her. I knew she was exhausted and she needed her rest but I needed to get ready for the day. The boys and I had another small shoot today and we all had to be at the studio at nine a.m. I could not decide what to do. I glanced over at the clock. It read six-thirty a.m. I laid there for a few more minutes to see if she would move. After about ten minutes, she moved her arm, snuggling it close to her chest. She moved her head slightly off of my chest. I scooted a pillow under her neck so she wouldn't hurt it. As if she sensed the pillow, she moved her head off my chest and onto the pillow. I carefully moved my arm from around her and cautiously moved off the bed. Once I was off the bed, I leaned over to her and kissed her cheek. I quietly stood back up and walked over to my bedroom door. I opened it slowly and stepped out into the hallway. I carefully closed the door behind me before walking to the stairs. I walked down the stairs and into the living room where a few of the boys were gathered. A sleepy Jungkook laid on the couch with his arm over his forehead. Hoseok and Jimin sat on the couch opposite Jungkook having a conversation. Jin and Taehyung were having a separate conversation at the dining table. I walked in between the two couches and sat down in the chair at the end. Jimin looked over at me.

"Are you okay hyung?" He asked in a concerned tone.

Hoseok and Jungkook turned their attention to me.

"Emma had a hard time sleeping last night." I said.

"Is she alright?" Hoseok asked.