twenty five

"Why won't you tell me where we're going?" I asked.

"I told you. It's a surprise." Namjoon laughed.

"Fine." I said, jokingly angry.

I stared out the window. Where could he possibly be taking me? He was wearing a mint green button up shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows,a white pants with a black belt, and black dress shoes. I wore a black off-the-shoulder ball gown style dress that covered just past my knees with black heels. Maybe he's going to propose. Am I ready to be married?

Don't come to conclusions.

"Just know, my sister might freak out." Namjoon said randomly.

"Your sister?" I asked suspiciously.

"Never mind." He said.

We pulled into the driveway of a house and parked. It was small, yet still beautiful. Namjoon unbuckled his seatbelt and got out. I did the same. I walked around the front of the car and over to Namjoon. He gently grabbed my hand and laced his fingers through mine. We walked up to the door and Namjoon knocked. My heart was racing when I finally realized where we were.

He was taking me to meet his family.

The door opened a few seconds later, revealing a beautiful girl with long dark hair. She looked a lot like Namjoon. She smiled widely at us before moving aside.

"Come in." She said.

We walked into the house and the girl closed the door. She hugged Namjoon for a few seconds before turning to me.

"Is this her?" She asked Namjoon.

He nodded.

"Emma, this is Geongmin. Geongmin, this is Emma." Namjoon introduced.

The girl, Geongmin, quickly bowed. She looked like she was going to burst any second.

"It's nice to finally meet you." She said calmly with a smile.

"Where's mom?" Namjoon asked.

"She's in the kitchen finishing up dinner." Kyungmin said.

We walked over to the kitchen. Geongmin broke away from us and walked over to the dining table. There was a woman about my height was standing in front of the stove with her back to us. Her dark hair was neatly up in a bun.

"Hey mom." Namjoon said.

The woman turned around and smiled. She walked a few steps over to Namjoon and gave him a quick hug.

"I'm so happy to see you again." She said.

"I'm glad to be back home." He said.

She looked to me and extended her hand.

"You must be Emma." She said.

"Yes ma'am." I answered, shaking her hand.

"It's so nice to meet you. Namjoon talks a lot about you." She smiled.

"All good things I hope." I said with a small smile.

"Of course." She said with a smile.

She turned her attention back to the stove for a second before turning it off. I heard a deep laugh behind us. Namjoon and I both turned around. A man a little taller than Namjoon stood behind us. Namjoon smiled and walked to him. They hugged for a second.

"How's the music going?" He asked.

"It's going great." Namjoon answered.

"That's wonderful to hear." He said.