nine

Four Days Later

I folded up the last item of clothing I had brought with me and placed it in my suitcase. I closed the suitcase and zipped it shut. I sighed and stared at my suitcase.

'Be happy.' I told myself.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes and looked back down at my suitcase. I grabbed the handle, lifted it off the bed, made the bed and made sure it looked neat. I then walked over to the desk, where my backpack was sitting all packed and ready to go. I lifted it up and slung it over my shoulder. I grabbed the suitcase and walked out of the room. I walked down the hallway and to the stairs. Once I got to the stairs, I stopped and pushed the handle into the suitcase. I went to go pick up the suitcase when a voice stopped me.

"I'll get it for you." Yoongi said, jogging down the hallway.

I smiled and stepped aside. He picked up the suitcase and walked down the stairs. I walked down behind him. Once he was down the stairs, he set my suitcase down and rolled it over by the door. I smiled. I could never understand why people described him as the cold-hearted one of the group.

I walked down the rest of the stairs and looked around. Jungkook, Jin and Jimin were sitting in the living room. Jin had his guitar and Jungkook had a small piano in his lap. Jimin was on the floor next to Jin, a notebook on the coffee table in front of him and a pen in his hand. I walked over to my suitcase and slipped my backpack off my shoulder. I set it down carefully on the floor next to my suitcase. I turned around and walked back up the stairs. I walked down the hallway to Namjoon's room. His door was closed. I raised a fist and softly knocked on his door. A few seconds passed before the door opened. Namjoon was standing there, fully dressed. He was wearing a black t-shirt tucked into blue denim jeans and black converse.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked.

"I am. Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes." I responded.

I moved aside so he could exit his room. We walked down the stairs, Namjoon leading and myself following behind him like a little duckling following its mother. When we got to the bottom of the stairs, I glanced up at the clock in the kitchen. It read five after nine.

Namjoon started walking into the living room and I followed him. Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook had been joined by Yoongi, who sat next to Jungkook on the couch, and Taehyung, who sat on the floor next to Yoongi. Hoseok was sitting in the chair on the far side of the room. Namjoon stopped right behind one of the chairs and I stopped next to him. Jimin looked up at me. I could see the sadness in his eyes. It hurt me to see him upset. I choked back tears.

"I'm going to take Em to the airport." Namjoon said.

I could feel the sadness in the room as everyone looked up at us. They all stood up from their seats and walked over to me. Jungkook wrapped his arms around me. I embraced him back.

"Take your time. We love you." He said quietly before letting me go.

He moved aside and Jin gave me a hug. Taehyung followed Jin and Hoseok followed Taehyung. Then it was Yoongi's turn. Yoongi hesitated a little before giving me a bear hug.

"Take care munchkin." Yoongi said, sorrow in his tone.

When he let me go, I nodded with tears in my eyes. He moved aside and Jimin was standing there. He had tears in his eyes. He looked down at the floor to avoid my eyes. I walked over to him and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly.

"I'll be back soon. I promise." I said quietly.

I let him go and he did the same. I looked over to Namjoon and walked back to him. When I got back to him, I turned around to face the boys. Namjoon started walking towards the door. I followed him and I could hear everyone else following behind me. When we got to the front door, I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder and slipped on my shoes. Namjoon grabbed the handle on my suitcase and rolled the suitcase out. I starting walking out behind him. I turned back for a second and smiled at the boys before walking outside the house. I followed Namjoon out to the car parked at the curb. He had already gotten my suitcase into the trunk of the SUV. As I got into the car, I slipped my backpack off my shoulder and set it on the floor between my feet. Once I was in the car, I shut the door. Namjoon closed the trunk and got into the car as I put my seat belt on. Once Namjoon was in the car and buckled, the driver started driving down the street. I saw Marcus in the front passenger seat.