twenty two

Jinwoo stepped off the airplane dock and I was close behind him. He moved to my side and took my luggage from my hand. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders to keep me safe. We walked out of the gate and started heading to the exit. I heard screaming fans the entire time. Jinwoo kept a tight arm around me and moved quickly. After a few long minutes, we were finally in the company car and heading home. I stared out the window. I thought about how PD-nim told me that I needed to keep my relationship with Namjoon quiet.

I can't do this anymore. I thought.

I picked up my phone and called PDnim. He answered almost immediately.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi. It's Myeon." I responded.

"Hey. Are you off the plane?" He asked.

"Yes. I wanted to know if you're free in the next ten minutes." I said.

"I am free. Is everything okay?" He asked.

"I just wanted to talk to you about something." I said.

"Okay. I'll see you soon then." He said.

We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

"Can we stop at the studio before we go home?" I asked Jinwoo.

"Sure." He said.

In a few minutes, we arrived at the studio. Jinwoo parked the car and got out. He rushed to my side and opened my door. I got out of the car and moved aside. He closed the door and we went inside. We took the elevator to the fourth floor and walked to PD-nim's office. His door was open and his back was facing me. I knocked on the door to let him know I was there. He turned around and smiled.

"Come in." He said.

I bowed before walking into the office.

"You may close the door." He said.

I closed the door and then sat down in a chair across from him.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

I glanced down at my lap and took a deep breath before looking back up at him.

"I just wanted to ask you something. I know it's probably a ridiculous thing to ask and you might tell me no." I said.

"Okay. What is it?" He said, suspicion in his voice.

"I wanted to ask you if you were okay if Namjoon and I made our relationship public." I said.

The room was silent and everything seemed to move in slow motion.

"How public do you want this?" He asked.

"I want to be able to go over to the dorms to hang out without worrying about who's going to see me. I want to be able to go out on dates again. I'm not asking for you to allow me to be seen with him everywhere, I'm just asking for a little bit more freedom." I said.

My heart was racing.

"I understand it's hard for you guys. I've seen how it has affected both of you to be apart for a whole year. I will let you guys be seen together but keep it minimal. For now, I'll let you go freely to their dorms. If things play out well, we can let you go on a few public dates." He said.

I let out a mental sigh of relief. I could feel my heart rate slowly return to normal.

"Thank you so much." I said, bowing to him quickly.

"Are you heading to the dorms now?" He asked.

"I can." I said.

"Good. Just make sure Namjoon is okay. He seemed a bit off today." He said.