fourteen

I opened my heavy eyes slowly. The room was dark. I felt arms wrapped protectively around me. The body that the arms belonged to rested underneath my head.

Namjoon.

His heartbeat was steady and calm. His breathing was slow but steady. The sound of his heartbeat was soothing. I smiled.

Four months ago, I thought I would never be happy again, and here I am, smiling like an idiot and wishing that I could stay here forever. I don't think I could have been happier.

Namjoon is so kind and loving. He could make jokes and cheer me up when I was at my lowest. He is always there for me. He held me as I cried. He laughs at my terrible jokes. He is there to catch me when I fall. He listens to all my stories and lets me rant for hours. He is always there to support me. He is my best friend. He is my family.

I smiled. Six months. Six months ago, he got the courage to ask me to go on a date with him. Six months ago, I agreed to go on a date with him. Six months.

It was hard to believe. Time was flying by. I didn't want it to. I wanted to stay in his arms forever and not let him go.

I saw a bit of sunlight start to peak through the curtains. I glanced up at the clock on the wall. It read six-fifteen. A little more than one more hour before I absolutely had to get up. I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to Namjoon. I felt him begin to wake. He kept his right arm around me and he moved his left arm. He traced circles with his left index finger on my right hand, which rested on his chest. I found myself smiling like an idiot again.

"Good morning Joonie." I whispered.

He laughed a little bit.

"I thought you were awake love." He whispered.

I smiled. We were silent for a little bit, just enjoying the moment.

"When do you have to be at the studio?" He asked quietly.

"Nine-thirty." I responded in a hushed tone.

"Okay." He whispered.

We laid there in silence. I moved my head so I could look at him. He tilted his head down to look at me. Even though the room was mostly dark, I could still see his beautiful eyes. I looked into them.

"Do you want to go somewhere tonight?" I asked quietly.

"Where did you have in mind?" He asked quietly, a smile forming on his face.

"I'll think of some places." I whispered.

"And what is the special occasion?" He whispered back.

I glared at him.

"I'm only joking." He smiled.

I smiled. He leaned his head closer to me. I moved my face closer to his so he wouldn't strain himself. He kissed me gently.

We laid there together for another hour and a half.

"You need to get ready." Namjoon whispered.

"But what if I don't want to go? What if I just want to stay here with you?" I whimpered.

"You know that I would love to just stay like this but you are already in trouble with PD-nim. He's being very generous and considering everything that's been going on the last six months but you shouldn't take that for granted." Namjoon whispered.

I groaned.

"You have a point." I whispered.

Namjoon loosened his grip on me. I sat up next to him and looked down at him.