twenty three

I had only been home for a couple of weeks and everything was happening. My old security detail and only father figure I had ever known, Marcus, had just become a father to a beautiful baby girl. The media was buzzing with rumors about Namjoon and I. I avoided any reporters as much as possible and had Jinwoo with me at all times.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name. I looked at my makeup artist, who stood in front of me.

"Didn't get much sleep did we?" She joked.

I laughed a little. She put finishing touches on my makeup and let me go. I stood up from the chair and looked around.

We were at a set with a ginormous square pool. It was about ten feet deep and probably close to fifteen feet wide. The cameraman was getting set in his diving gear and placing the waterproof shield around his camera. Once he was ready, I walked over to the edge of the pool. I heard multiple voice and sets of footsteps behind line for the set but I ignored them. My behind-the-scenes camerawoman came up to me with her camera aimed at me. She nodded at me, signaling me to start talking.

"Today is day four of shooting for the new MV. We're working on the underwater scenes right now. I have never filmed underwater before so we'll see how this goes." I said with enthusiasm.

I gave the camera a quick thumbs up and a smile.

"Places!" The director called.

I walked over to the pool and waited. A cameraman walked over in full water gear. He jumped into the pool. I stood behind the taped line about four feet away from the pool.

"We're going to start with the falling shot and then we'll do the rest of the shots." The director said into the microphone.

I nodded as the start bell sounded.

"Whenever you're ready." The director said.

My heart suddenly started to race. I walked to the edge of the pool, hesitated, and then turned around through my shoulder as if someone was calling my name. I took a deep breath and extended my right arm out as if I was reaching for someone. I leaned back and let myself hit the water. As I sunk into the water, I let my body collapse into itself. I stayed still for a few more seconds before rushing back to the surface. The underwater cameraman came up to the surface. He turned to the director.

"Can we do that one more time?" He asked.

"Sure. Myeon, that acting was great. Keep it up." The director said.

I swam back to the edge and lifted myself out of the water. Water poured out of my clothes as I got out of the pool. I stood at the edge of the pool with my back to the pool, just like before. I heard the cameraman go back underwater.

"Whenever you're ready Myeon." The director called.

I reached my hand out, just like before, and fell into the water. I did everything the same as before. I resurfaced and waited for my cameraman to resurface. Once he did, he turned to the director and gave a thumbs up.

"Alright. Let's do the next shot." The director said.

We went through more underwater shots over the next hour and a half. After all the shots in one outfit were done, it was time for the next shoot. I got out of the pool and went straight to the dressing room. I changed out of my soaking wet clothes and into the next outfit. My next outfit was a white leotard and almost sheer white skirt that went all the way to the floor in the back but stopped at my mid thigh in the front.

I walked out of the dressing room and over to my vanity. I sat down and let my stylists do their thing. My hair stylist worked on drying my hair first. As she was drying my hair, I saw Namjoon walk up behind us. I couldn't help but smile. Every time I saw him, it was like I was falling in love all over again.