twenty nine

A loud and sudden bang brought me out of my sleep. I groggily sat up and let my eyes adjust to the bright sun. The bang sounded again.

"Emma!" A deep and familiar voice shouted from the other side of the door.

I groaned and pushed the blankets off of me. I got out of the bed and groggily walked over to the door. I looked through the peep hole in the door before opening the door. Jinwoo was standing outside my room.

"Are you just getting up?" He asked.

"Yeah. Why?" I answered groggily.

"Because we have to leave in five minutes for rehearsal." He answered.

My eyes widened.

"Did I seriously sleep that long?" I asked while rushing back into my room.

I walked over to the wardrobe and opened it. Jinwoo walked into the room and closed the door.

"What time did you actually go to sleep last night?" He asked.

I found an outfit and started toward the bathroom.

"Two, I think." I replied.

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

"Two? Why were you up that late?" Minjun asked from the other side of the door.

I finished changing and started brushing out my hair.

"I was finishing up some things for the concert." I said.

I opened the bathroom door and walked back into the room.

"Were you finishing things up or were you doing something else?" He asked.

I stopped and looked at him.

"What are you implying?" I asked.

"Well, most times when you stay up until two in the morning while you're on tour, you're talking to Namjoon or you're overthinking." Jinwoo stated.

I laughed and walked over to the side of my bed. I bent down and opened my bookbag. I started making sure everything I needed was in there.

"Well, I wasn't doing either. I was just finishing up some things for today." I answered.

I stood up and slung my bookbag over my shoulder. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and walked over to Jinwoo, who was still standing by the front door. He opened the door and let me out before following me into the hallway. We walked to the elevator and he pressed the call button.

After a short while, the elevator doors opened. We stepped into the elevator and Jinwoo pressed the button for the lobby. The doors closed and after a minute or so, the doors opened on the lobby. Jinwoo put a protective arm around my back and we walked out to the car. When we got to the street, there were fans everywhere. How they found out where I was, I don't know.

Jinwoo opened the car door and I quickly jumped inside. He closed the door before getting into the driver's seat. He started driving. After a minute or so, my phone started ringing. I glanced at the caller ID and immediately answered.

"Hey babe." I answered.

"Oh so you actually pick up now?" Namjoon said in a cold tone.

"Joon-ah, I'm sorry. I've been really busy and when I call you back, you're-" I explained.

"No. Don't turn this on me. I've been trying to call you and talk to you for the past week and a half and you haven't even texted me back. You don't come to the house anymore. My parents have been asking when they're going to see you again and I keep having to tell them that you're busy." Namjoon said with anger in his tone.