Ollivander's

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why.
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.

- Good Riddance - Green Day

Chapter Two
Ollivander's

The group headed back up through Diagon Alley. Ron was dressed smartly in dress-robes, with the company logo emblazoned in magenta on the back. He walked with Hugo on one side and Nova on the other. Hugo rolled his eyes as his Dad told terrible jokes, but Nova thought he was hilarious.

'Miranda and the boys are planning on joining us for lunch, by the way,' he told the group. 'Hope that's ok?'

Rose fell back slightly to where Scorpius was walking. He had slowed as they passed Flourish and Blotts.

'Why does he always have to bring Step-Monster and The Brats?' Rose muttered.

'Ah, give it a rest. I know you like Miranda really,' he whispered back. 'Besides, you better hope mum doesn't hear you, you know she doesn't like-'

'You're right,' Hermione said from behind them, making them jump. 'Rosemary Minerva Granger-Weasley, what have I told you about being disrespectful?!'

'Ooh,' Scorpius whispered, 'you got full-named!'

'Don't you get involved, Scorpius Hyperion Granger-Malfoy! We'll be having words when we get home. Both of you.'

'Sorry mum,' they both mumbled.

The group stopped outside Ollivander's Wand Shop. The exterior was painted white, with large windows. Inside they could see comfortable seating and shelves upon shelves of boxes. The sign over the door, in fresh gold paint, read: Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.

Hermione gently pushed Scorpius and Rose forwards. Draco smiled and gestured for them to go inside. They glanced at each other nervously. Rose nudged the door and it swung open. A bell tinkled sweetly in the back.

'I'll be right with you!' A woman's voice called.

The shop had new wooden flooring, and had been fitted with electricity. A modern chandelier hung overhead, lighting up the small room. The walls were all covered with floor to ceiling shelving. Each wand box had an individual shelf, carefully labelled with the wand's properties.

Nova settled onto a window seat, leaning back into one of the giant cushions. Hugo perched next to her, looking around with an awed expression. Rose and Scorpius fidgeted next to the counter as they waited. Hermione leaned back against Draco as her gaze swept around the shop. Ron was examining the shelves with interest.

'Good morning,' the woman said, bustling in from the back. 'Sorry for your wait! I'm Aurelia Ollivander. I take it you're here for your first wands?'

She smiled brightly at Rose and Scorpius, who nodded. Aurelia seemed to be a few years older than their parents. Her robes were stylish yet practical, her dark blonde hair tied back.

'Excellent, I'm glad to hear it. I'll just take a few measurements, then we'll start trying out some wands, ok?'

She pulled out a tape measure and began with Scorpius. She didn't write down any of the numbers, just kept measuring different parts of him. She started with his height and waist, then moved on to his arm length and wrist size. At one point the tape wrapped around his head.

FracturedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara