Memories

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And time's forever frozen still

- Photograph - Ed Sheeran

Chapter Ten
Memories

Draco trudged into the living room and flopped onto the sofa. Hermione look up at him from her seat on the floor, grinning.

'Nova finally asleep?'

Draco nodded, eyes closed.

'How many stories she get out of you this time?'

'Three,' he groaned.

'Three?! You're such a pushover! Even Scorpius draws the line at two!'

'I know, I know,' he grimaced. 'Hugo get off to his friend's house ok?'

'Yeah, Josh and his mum picked him up a little while ago. Hope it didn't disturb story time too much when he went to pack his overnight bag?'

'Nah, he was fine. She wasn't very settled, and would've been upset in the morning if he hadn't said "bye". Where are the other two?'

'Playing board games in their room.'

Draco squinted at Hermione. She was sat cross-legged by the fireplace, reading a large stack of letters and cards. The shoe box lay open next to her.

'What else you find in there?'

'All kinds of stuff, look!'

She dug into the box, which was bigger on the inside. She pulled out a jumbled pile of objects and carried it over to Draco. He sat up and she dumped it onto the seat next to him. She curled up onto his lap and picked out two bracelets.

'Here's mine and Hugo's hospital bands,' she said. 'Look how tiny he was'

'Is this our ticket stubs from Paris?' Draco picked up scraps of parchment. 'It is! And my note telling the officials to keep it secret!'

'I can't believe you took me to France for a first date,' Hermione laughed. 'Such a show-off. Oh! Here's the tickets from our honeymoon.'

'I'm still amazed your parents looked after our little monsters for a whole month while we went on that cruise!'

'They loved it. And we did send them on a pretty nice holiday afterwards to say "thank you"! Aww, look, here's my old prefect badge. Do you still have yours?'

'Hell no, I lost that thing decades ago. Think they only gave it to me to try and keep me busy. Hoping I wouldn't get involved in that...other stuff.'

'I mean...I can see the logic there, sure. Probably thought some responsibility would do you some good.'

'Didn't really work out too well, though!' Draco plucked another badge out of the pile. 'When were you Head Girl?!'

'After the War, when I went back for my final year.'

'So, you were Head Girl the same time Tori was a prefect?'