The Burrow

So let them be little, cause they're only that way for a while.
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love, every day.
Let em cry, let em giggle, let them sleep in the middle.
Oh, just let them be little

- Let Them Be Little - Lonestar

Chapter Seven
The Burrow

'Nana!'

Nova rushed over to her grandmother, who was stood waiting at the garden gate. Molly swooped her up into a big hug.

'Merlin, you've grown!'

'Nana, you say that every time,' Nova complained, rolling her eyes. 'I saw you last weekend and you said it!'

'That's because you grow like Devil's Snare! You're taller every time I see you. I could close my eyes and you'd be bigger!' Molly squeezed her eyes shut, then gasped when she opened them. 'See! You've grown!'

Nova giggled, hopping from one foot to another while she waited for her family to finish grabbing brooms out of the car.

'Hi Molly,' Hermione said, hugging her. 'How've you been?'

'Good, good. Oh goodness, speaking of getting tall, who are these three giants I see before me?!'

'Hi Nana,' Rose said, trying not to roll her eyes.

Molly gave everyone a big hug, then led them around The Burrow. A large table was under the trees, laden down with food. The rest of the family lounged around the garden. Ron's twins were sat under the table, stuffing their faces with chocolate.

Bill's dog was weaving through everyone's legs, searching for dropped food. Albus bounced over, grinning at his cousins. Their parents had agreed their grounding could be lifted for the duration of the visit.

Rose pointed out Teddy's shock of blue hair and the trio headed over to him. He was leaning against a tree, chatting with Victoire. He'd been on holiday with his grandmother, so they hadn't seen him since school finished.

'Hey you two!' Rose said, hugging them both. 'Soooo, Teds, how's it feel to no longer be Head Huff?'

'Don't you mean Head Pu-' Scorpius began.

'Shut up,' Rose hissed, elbowing him. 'D'ya want mum to hear?! Grandpa Granger said he wouldn't tell if I promised never to use that word again!'

Teddy grinned at them both. Scorpius and Rose had been bickering since the day they met. Scorpius was as quiet as Rose was loud, as pale as she was dark. After 9 years they were as close as ever. Both smart, with a quick tongue, they each gave as good as they got.

'Anyway,' Rose said, glaring at Scorpius. 'How does it feel?'

'Yeah, it's weird,' Teddy shrugged. 'Not quite sunk in yet, to be honest. Ask me again in September, when I'm waving everyone off on the Hogwarts Express!'

'Not us,' Rose muttered, sullenly.

'What's with the sad face, Rose?' Albus asked. He'd wandered off to the food table, and returned with a biscuit in each hand.

'She's sulking about moving. Again.' Scorpius informed him, rolling his eyes.

'Aww, c'mon, it's going to be so cool!' Albus insisted. 'We're gonna have loads of adventures, just the three of us. Just like Dad, Auntie Hermione and Uncle Ron used to have!'

'Yeah, but not at Hogwarts,' Rose reminded him.

'Who wants to go to Hogwarts, anyway?' Albus asked. 'No offence, you two.'

'None taken,' Teddy said. Victoire just sniffed.

'D'ya really want to  be surrounded by cousins all the time? And James?!'

'I heard that!' James shouted from across the garden.

'You were supposed to!' Albus bellowed back.

'Boys,' Ginny called, 'keep it down. We're trying to be civilised, remember?'

'Sorry, mum,' the brothers muttered.

'Anyway,' Albus continued. 'Hogwarts is like...old news. Uagadou is going to be a whole new ballgame!'

'Where we don't speak the language. And we don't even get Sorted!'

'Wait...what do you mean we don't get Sorted?'

Scorpius nodded, confirming Rose's story. Teddy shrugged apologetically. Even Victoire looked sympathetic. Albus sank into a nearby chair, and the dog stole a forgotten biscuit out of his hand.

'But...I want to get Sorted!'

'I'll Sort you!' Nova announced, skipping past. She grabbed Albus around the head. 'Hmm. Hmmmm...you are...a potato head!'

Nova laughed hysterically and ran away.

'You're the potato head!' Albus shouted after her, grinning.

Andromeda stood up and tapped her glass. The ringing sound slowly got everyone's attention. The talking faded, and everyone looked at her expectantly.

'First of all,' she said. 'I'd like to thank everyone for coming out here today to celebrate Teddy's graduation with us.'

A round of applause rang through the garden.

'Sorry it's a few weeks late, I'm afraid I was a little selfish and wanted to celebrate with him first!' Everyone chuckled. 'Teddy, every day you amaze me with your kind heart and your sense of humour. You've kept me on my toes since the very beginning, and I've loved every moment of it. I'm very proud of the young man you've become, and...' Andromeda paused, a hitch in her voice, 'and I know your parents would be...are very proud of you too.'

Rose saw many of the adults nodding their heads solemnly. Harry had come to stand next to him, his arm around Teddy's shoulder. Teddy was looking fixedly at the grass.

'I know that you've always worried about living up to your parents legacy,' Andromeda continued. 'But you have always taken the best part of both of them, and made it your own. When you were a baby, they talked a lot about who you would be when you grew up. They had many hopes, but most of all they wanted you to be happy, healthy, and live your best life. They wanted you to fulfill your potential. With excellent grades in all of your NEWTs, alongside your Head Boy duties...I think you have definitely done that! So, without any further ado, everyone please raise your glass in a toast to Hogwarts' top student, Head Boy, and in Headmistress McGonagall's words, "the most lovable trickster of his generation". To Teddy!'

'To Teddy!'

Glasses clinked together as everyone toasted Teddy. He smiled around at everyone, his eyes overly bright. A barrage of fireworks lit up the blue sky overhead. In the centre, a giant Hufflepuff badger soared above them, sparkling in black and white light. Scorpius saw Ron high-five George.

In all the noise and excitement, Rose's worries about the move to Uganda were forgotten. Her mood had brightened, and she ran to join her family when the game of Quidditch was announced.