Chapter 5

Kellin's POV

I must've dozed off because I was awoken by my phone going off, so I lazily extended my hand to the coffee table, feeling it up until I located the device. I slid the button and put the phone on my ear without checking the caller.

"Hello?" I mumbled groggily, only to hear a chuckle on the other side. I smiled when I instantly recognized who was it. I snuggled closer into the couch and I closed my eyes again, letting him speak.

"Good afternoon sleepy head, did I wake you?" Vic asked from the other side of the line, airport noises filling the background. I sighed loudly and turned to check the clock on the wall, seeing it was one pm.

"Kind of." I laughed and he let out a small laugh too, I heard annoying speakers announcing flights and a lot more of noise caused by the crowded place. "You're still at the airport, right?" I asked, listening to his breathing.

"Yeah, you told me to call you as soon as I got here, so I did." He answered nonchalantly and I could picture him shrugging while walking among the place, carrying his bags in search for a taxi. "I miss you so much already."

"I miss you too, Vic." I said, sighing and laying on my back, staring up at the ceiling with my arm resting over my head. I tried to blink the tears away because I couldn't keep crying every time we talked over the phone, it was ridiculous. I snapped out of my bewilderment when I heard him struggling with his bags, probably getting into a taxi. "Uh, I think you're a bit busy. Want me to call you later?" I asked biting my lip.

"As much as I want to keep talking to you, yes." He sighed. "I think it'll take like half an hour, though." I heard him place his hand over the speaker while telling, what I guessed was the apartment address to the driver.

"Alright, talk to you later then. I love you." I said, dreading the distance that kept us apart.

"I love you too, bye." He said quickly, then I heard the line go dead.

I laid on the couch for about fifteen more minutes, trying to think of what I could do now that I was alone. It wasn't a surprise that Vic and I did everything together, so I barely hung out with my friends anymore, but I figured I could call Jesse to hang out for lunch or something.

I picked up my phone again, scrolled down my contacts and tapped on his name. The phone ringed twice before he picked up.

"What's up man!" He answered a little bit too cheerily, making me take the device a few inches away from my ear.

"Nothing, want to go out for lunch or something?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes. I hated being alone. I heard him chuckle before answering.

"I guess Vic's already in New York, uh?" He asked teasingly, I rolled my eyes. "Just kidding, but yeah, sure. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know man, wherever you decide it's good." I heard what appeared to be Justin's voice on the background, I chuckled. "The guys can join in if they want."

"Alright, I'll tell them. Guess we'll see you at Coffee Park in fifteen minutes."

"Alright. See you there, then."

I hung up the phone and as much I didn't want to, I stood up from the sofa and went to the bedroom. I walked to the closet and rummaged among my clothes, finally settling on a random band shirt, black skinny jeans and TOMS.

Once I was satisfied with my look, I walked out of the apartment and into the car. The traffic in San Diego wasn't the best but luckily for me, it didn't take long for me to arrive to the café. I walked into the establishment and sat in a booth at the very back of the place, right by a window that let me admire how crowded the city was.