Chapter 10

Vic’s POV

Leave it to my boyfriend to be more interested in sight-seeing rather than spending our first few hours reunited in bed with me. He was so adorable though I just couldn’t resist saying no to him. That’s how we ended up here, walking in Central Park. Kellin was a few steps ahead of me, eyes to the sky as little crystals fell around him. I watched in adoration as he blinked furiously, little flakes catching on his eyelashes. It’s been awhile since he’s seen snow so I know how much he’s enjoying this.

Kellin twirled in front of me, white powder floating at his feet as they moved in quick circles. We’d only been out for a little, but it was enough for Kellin’s cheeks to turn bright red, adding to the adorableness that was the situation. He bent down, ungloved hands scooping up the snow, packing it into a little ball no bigger than his hand.

Expecting it, I managed to duck out of the way as the snowball came flying at me. A set of giggles erupted from him and I didn’t waste a second, running over to him and knocking us to the cold, snow covered ground.

We hit it with a thud, Kellin whining as I pushed myself up, hovering over him. God, he was so perfect. Pale skin tinged red, dark hair scattered around his flawless face and his lips, soft and warm hiding his chattering teeth. I watched as a puff of air exhaled from him and I leant down, kissing him. I just can’t believe he’s actually here with me right now. If I could I’d preserve this moment in a tiny snow globe, holding onto it forever.

“I can’t believe you’re here,” I breathed, sitting up and pulling him with me. We were both wet from the snow and a small breeze had picked up, but our walk was far from done.

“I love you, Vic.” He said with a smile, wrapping his small arms around me. “I missed you so much.”

His words were muffled as he buried his face into my chest. “I love you too, Kellin. And I missed you. You have no idea.” I responded, holding onto him tighter than before. I’d never admit it out loud, but I have had my fair share of emotional nights where I’d just stay in bed and wish this year would be over, but then I’d eventually come back to reality and realize I was being silly.

“Vic?” Kellin caught my attention as we stood, hands automatically reaching for each other, brushing the excess snow away. “Think we can make a snowman?”

I didn’t think it was possible for him to get any cuter, but then he stands here with rosy cheeks and a tiny smile asking if we can build snowmen and I want to squeeze him until he can’t breathe. This boy is amazing and he’s all mine. How did I get so lucky?

“Nope, not today.” I decided, even though it was hard to see that face frown. “We’re already soaked, not wearing coats and your hands are freezing.” I pointed out, taking his cold fingers in mine. “I’m not risking getting you sick when I only have you for a few weeks.”

“Fine,” he pouted but stepped forward placing his cold lips on mine. “Let’s at least finish our walk before you make me go home?”

Warmth spread within me as he said home because it was true; home is wherever I’m with him. “Of course. But I have an idea.”

Hand in hand, we continued our walk. Every once in a while Kellin would hit a patch of ice and slip, almost tugging us both down. I always managed to catch him though to which he would reply with something about my arms and I’d fight back saying he could test out their strength later.

Have I mentioned how much I missed this kid?

After about three minutes of walking and near slipping, we reached my destination. A small cart perched in the normally grassy area, a familiar old man smiling and waving at everyone.