Chapter 15

Kellin's POV

It had been about two weeks since I left New York and honestly, it was even harder than ever. I felt very much at peace whenever Vic and I were together and waking next to him every morning felt just right. So going back to wake up in empty bed had me frowning every morning. It was dumb how much I needed him.

I sighed while I continued reading the case my boss assigned me earlier during the day. It was something quite complicated since the client had broken in a neighbor’s house to try and rob but, obviously, he ended up being caught and the applicants were very harsh about what they wanted to happen to him. I couldn't blame them though, I'd be scared if some crazy dude broke in my house in middle of the night too.

I was trying really hard to concentrate on the case but what Vic asked me the day I left kept lingering in my head. I groaned and sighed, dropping the folder in front of me as I rubbed my eyes with the heels of my hands.

The distance that kept us apart was taking its toll on me and it was getting harder everyday to wake up and do things by myself. Of course we talked daily and video chatted whenever we could, but it wasn't enough. I missed touching him.

Which is why I decided that, yes. I was definitely going to New York for his birthday. Luckily, his birthday landed on a weekend and I could leave on Friday night and be back by Monday afternoon since I only had night classes both days, with the same professor.

It was the perfect opportunity. I could spend the weekend with my boyfriend and I wouldn't be stressed about school. It was a win-win situation. I frowned when I remembered the only thing holding me back was the firm. I didn't know how my boss would react since lately we had been really busy with cases and he was practically throwing minor cases to me, mostly traffic faults but I didn't mind.

I knew I should talk to him soon but honestly the only thing taking over my mind that afternoon was how eager I was to get home. I was trying something different with Vic tonight through FaceTime and I had an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't tell if it was excitement or nerves so I went for both.

I looked up at the clock hanging on the wall to notice there were only a couple of minutes left for us to go home. I looked across the room and met Jesse's gaze staring right at me with a really bored expression on his face. I couldn't help but chuckle and kept working on the case until the clock hit five pm.

I was putting all my stuff away when the redhead approached my table, causing me to jump backwards slightly and him to chuckle, earning a playful glare from my part.

"The boys and me are going out tonight and you haven't been out with is since you got back, and honestly we want to hang out more with you." He explained with a small frown upon his face. I sighed and looked down, biting my lip.

"I'm really sorry Jesse, I can't tonight but I promise we will all go to the bar tomorrow?" I said more as a question, hoping he would let me go. He searched my face for something I couldn't tell before he sighed.

"Alright." He looked at me. "You better keep that promise Quinn, or else we will all beat your ass."

I laughed and nodded, he then walked away and left me there to end up gather my stuff. I took out my cellphone to text Vic.

"I have something new for you tonight. Can't wait ;)"

I hit the send button and hung the strap of my messenger bag on my shoulder, instantly walking out my desk and into the elevator. The drive home was really slow due San Diego's traffic but it only made me even more eager for what was about to come.

When I finally got in the apartment, I ran to the kitchen to get something to eat since I didn't have anything decent to eat since I left for university that morning. My stomach was grumbling so I grabbed the first thing I found and made myself two sandwiches, being those the quickest thing I could eat before starting tonight’s activities with Vic.