Weapons and Attack

Mew's POV

'It is nearly time Mew, are you in position?' Loki asks me.

'Yes' I reply and focus back on the present. Dad and Tony were still trying to figure out the staff. While I was charged to keep an eye on Tony's hacking program.

"What are you doing Mister Stark?" Fury demands as he enters the room.

"I was wondering the same about you" Tony states.

"You're suppose to be finding the Tesseract" Fury tells us.

"We are" I assure him.

"The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get the hit, we'll have a signature within half a mile" dad explains.

"Yeah, you'll get your cube back, no mas, no fuss" Tony states as I walk over to the staff. "What is Phase 2?" he asks. Just then Steve enters and drops a weapon onto the table.

"Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the Cube to make weapons! Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me" he states.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract, this does not mean that we..." Fury starts to say.

"I'm sorry Nick, what were you lying?" Tony asks. Heturns a monitor around showing a schematic of a rocket.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit" Steve states. Just as Thor enters the room with Natalie.

"Did you know about this?" Dad asks her.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment doctor?" she asks.

"I was in Calcutta with Mew, we were pretty well removed" he states.

"Loki's manipulating you" she tells him.

"And you've been doing what exactly?" we ask her.

"I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction" dad states.

"Because of him!" Fury exclaims pointing at Thor. Who looks at him confused. "Last year, Earth had a visit from another planet that had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned" he explains.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet" Thor tells him.

"But you're not the only ones out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people that can't be matched, that can't be controlled" Fury states.

"Like you control the cube?" Steve asks him.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it... and his allies. It is a signal to the Realm that Earth is ready for a higher form of war!" Thor states.

"Higher form? You forced our hand! We had to come up with some way that we could..." Fury starts to say.

"A nuclear deterrent? Cause that always works well" Tony says.

"Remind me how you made your fortune, Mr Stark" Fury says. I tune out of the conversation as they all start to argue. As I notice the staff jewel starting to glow.

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos" Thor states.

"It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb" dad states.

"You need to step away" Fury tell him.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony asks.

"You know damn well why, back off" Steve tells him.

"Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me" Tony says as they face off. They then start to argue with each other. Honestly, I'm the child here and they're acting worse then me. Loki sends me a message saying his friends were here.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner and mew back to his..." Fury starts to say.

"Back where? You rented my room" dad states as I hide behind him.

"The cell was built..." Fury tries to explain.

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried!... I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth... and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on when I adopted Mew. I focused on helping other people and teaching her right from wrong. I was good, until you dragged us back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" Dad explains while I look at him scared.

"You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?" he asks her. While she and Fury went for their guns. I put a shield up around dad, the staff and I.

"Doctor Banner... put down the scepter" Steve tells him. I see dad holding the staff and looks at it confused. The computer beeps and dad puts the staff down heading to it. While I grab staff and hide just as an explosion went off. I fly to Loki's cell and open it.

"Can we play now?" I ask him as he takes it smiling.

"Of course, but first sleep" he says placing a hand on my forehead. I pass out into his arms. The last thing I remember is Thor entering the room.

A/N

Picture above of one of the weapons SHIELD was building.