New York Battle Begins

Mew's POV

Steve carried me and we hide behind a taxi. With Natasha and Clint as we look up at the open portal. We see explosions below and people running scared from Loki & his army. Why was he doing this? Was this his game? Because it's scary.

"Those people need assistance down there" Steve states. Chitauri soldiers land near us and begin firing at us. I put up my shield protecting us. As Natasha pulls out both of her pistols and fires at the soldiers through my shield.

"We got this. It's good. Go and take Mew!" Natasha shouts at Steve.

"You think you can hold them off?" Steve asks Clint.

"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure" he says drawing an arrow from his quiver. He shoots an arrow into a soldier's head. Gaining a few seconds for me to lower Steve and down the bridge, followed by an explosion. Making me cover my ears losing concentration. Steve protected me from the fall.

Steve races over to the plaza, jumping over dozens of exploding cars. With me on his back. "I wish Papa were here" I say with a whimper. We arrive a line of police men trying to protect the citizens from the Chitauri.

"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th" Steve tells them.

"Why should I take orders from you?" a sergeant asks him.

"Look out!" I shout. Suddenly, an explosion comes up from behind us. Steve puts me down and blocks an energy blast with his shield. Two Chitauri soldiers attack him while I shield the cops. Who watch in shock as Steve fight the Chitauri off with ease.

The Sergeant turns to his officer. "I need men in those buildings, lead the people down and away from the streets" he tells him. Then turns on his radio. "I need a perimeter as far back as 39th" he tells the people on the other end.

"Steve, we have to go back to the others" I state. He nods his head and I fly beside him as he runs. We join the others in their fight and they all keep me in the middle. But we're soon surrounded and I put a shield up as lighting strikes. Literally. Thor blasts them away with lighting and lands.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asks him and Tony.

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable" Thor states.

"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys" Tony states through the comlinks.

"How do we do this?" Natasha and I ask the guys.

"As a team" Steve tells us.

"I have unfinished business with Loki" Thor states.

"Yeah, get in line" Clint tells him.

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us" Steve tells them. Just then Papa arrives and I run into his arms.

"I missed you Papa" I say snuggling into his chest.

"I can't believe you guys brought my daughter to a place that looks so horrible" he tells the others.

"I've seen worse" Natasha tells him.

"Sorry" Papa tells her.

"No Papa" I say shaking my head.

"We could use a little worse" Natasha tells him. Steve tells Tony we have Papa who hands me to Natasha.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you" Tony states. He comes out from behind a building with a Chitauri leviathan following him.

"I don't see how that's a party" Natasha and I say confused.

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry" Steve tells Papa. Who approaches the Leviathan without fear.

Papa looks back at us with a smile. "That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry" he states. Then turns around as he gets bigger, stronger and turns green. This is the first time I've ever seen the Hulk. He reminds me of Shrek.

He slams his fist into the Leviathan's face, making it do a 360. Tony fire a rocket, that hits a soft spot that was no longer protected by armor. The leviathan is blown completely away. "Papa Hulk" I say hoping onto his shoulder.

"Little Mew" he says softly as we join the others. More Chitauri and Leviathans come through the portal. Papa Hulk glares up at them.

"Call it cap" Tony tells Steve as I hop off of Papa Hulk's shoulder.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash" Steve instructs.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asks Tony.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas" Tony says and carries him to the roof.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up" Steve tells him. Thor takes off and Steve turns to Natasha. "You and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. Mew stay with us" he tells us then turns to Papa Hulk. "And Hulk, smash" he tells him.

"Take care of Mew" Hulk tells him. Papa Hulk smile a magnificent grin and leaps high into the air. Into the nearest building, he runs up the wall and attacks several Chitauri soldiers.

"Mew stay close to me and watch my back" Natasha tells me. I nod my head. I stick close to her as she starts to fight the Chitauri soldiers.

A/N

Picture above of the Avengers (imagine Mew on Hulk's shoulder).